Bloodbath - The Fathomless Mastery

Which are your favourite songs off The Fathomless Mastery?

• At the Behest of Their Death

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Process of Disillumination

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Slaughtering the Will to Live

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Mock the Cross

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Treasonous

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Iesous

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Drink from the Cup of Heresy

• Devouring the Feeble

• Earthrot

• Hades Rising

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Wretched Human Mirror

• Total voters

Psycroptipath

Throbbing Member
Got my hands on this album a few days ago and just curious as to what you guys think of it. After about 10 good listens through I reckon its pretty fuckin sweet. I've really gone off death metal lately but I couldn't say no to a new Bloodbath album, especially with Mike back, and I'm glad I didn't.

Highlights for me are:
Mock the Cross - best song on the album i reckon, if a little short. The opening riff just blows you away!
Slaughtering the Will to Live,
Iesous
and Devouring the Feeble.

If i had to criticize, it pisses me off how any gaps in the drumming are just filled with blast beats. I love the old Bloodbath with the slow brutal slammy drumming, never really been a fan of blast beats. but yeh the album is sweeeet

Nah TFM is excellent. Plenty of variation and crushing riffs, i really like how they cut the fat off and created addictive brutal songs. I've seen people complaining about that hardcore-ish riff in the beginning of process of Disillumination, lol that riff is PERFECT for the song, and the chugging riffs also destroy. That's what is interesting on TFM, they don't just go for the typical dated DM sound, and there are like only 2 tracks that i don't care that much about.

This album completely destroys. At first I was skeptical about it being good because of Swano leaving, but I think I actually like this album better than their previous two. Somebody mentioned that it has more of a Floridian death metal sound than a Swedish one which is probably why I like it better (Morbid Angel is my favorite death metal band).

Nightares made Flesh remains their best one in my opinion (sorry Mike!).
Only Draped in Disease is a bit weak.
The new one has some killer stuff on it but I still don't like the production because some riffs are just totally "buried by the drums". Speaking of drums, I totally have to agree with Psycroptipath, cause I like the old-school approach better.
My favs at the monent are: At the behest of their death, Process of Disillumination, Iesous.
Need to listen to it some more times...

Nightares made Flesh remains their best one in my opinion (sorry Mike!).
Only Draped in Disease is a bit weak.
The new one has some killer stuff on it but I still don't like the production because some riffs are just totally "buried by the drums". Speaking of drums, I totally have to agree with Psycroptipath, cause I like the old-school approach better.
My favs at the monent are: At the behest of their death, Process of Disillumination, Iesous.
Need to listen to it some more times...

draped in disease RULES! cancer of the soul is the weak point of NMF. but yeh now i'm thinking that NMF and RTC are better than TFM. Its got some crushing riffs throughout but yeh the drums are still killing it for me i think. i just want some real slow slammy riffs like mock the cross, that song rips.

btw would anyone mind if i added a poll to this thread listing every TFM song and u pick ur favs?

btw would anyone mind if i added a poll to this thread listing every TFM song and u pick ur favs?

Go ahead,
But never ever bash the CANCER OF THE SOOOUL!
It's a strong classic and of course they played it at the Party San.
That's a bit like saying Creeping Death is the weak spot on Ride the Lightning (if you know what i mean by this)

hate the opening riff on "mock the cross", it wasn't a good riff when trey wrote it in 94/95 and it certainly sounds a lot more dated and generic now. otherwise its decent but utp still >> tfm