Bloodstock '03 news.....

Symphony said:
4th March 2003 - The British are Coming!
Biomechanical and Mercury Rain lead the onslaught of 21st Century British Metal ready to rock Bloodstock 2003!
<LI>BIOMECHANICAL - "The best UK metal band for 20 years - since Iron Maiden!" Bloodstock <LI>MERCURY RAIN - "Punchy metal, rolling power guitars, and female operatic vocals - very good ones too!" Metal-Rules.com <LI>FULC - "A tidy package of real songwriting ability and sweaty grunge metal attitude". Kerrang! <LI>BATES MOTEL - "This band play metal. Just riff-chugging slow-burning heavy metal! Influnced by the best: Black Sabbath, Black Label Society and Down with vocals from Alice in Chains and STP. A combination that begs to be heard - GO find them!" Alan Dukester for Music UK

Some interesting choices and styles there I think

Eagle said:
they probably had to live up to their name and kissed some serious arse to get a slot then.
Hah!

basically what we are doing is creating an extra 2 slots for 2 local bands to nip onto the second stage 1/2 hour earlier than advertised to knock out 20 mins each to give them a chance to appear at a festival! Not gonna cost them $75,000 (ozzfest) or for Download to admit that they are not "relevant" (The mighty Anthrax - 2004 anyone?)!!!!!!

This means there's going to be 20 bands this year!

Bumsnogger are in fact a bunch of guys who also help out with Bloodstock promotions here in the Midlands etc!

:headbang:

bloodstock said:
basically what we are doing is creating
an extra 2 slots for 2 local bands to nip onto the second
stage 1/2 hour earlier than advertised to knock out 20 mins
each to give them a chance to appear at a festival!
Good idea! Any clue as to who the second local band is?
bloodstock said:
The mighty Anthrax - 2004 anyone?
Never mind Anthrax for 2004 -- you still haven't confirmed Borknagar for 2003 yet! OK, I'll stop now. I think you get the idea :) Oh, an dmy ticket, which was supposedly dispatched on Feb 28th, still hasn't arrived yet :-(

Good one Vince. Great idea to give local talent such an opportunity.

On the Anthrax front...yeah it would be cool to see them at Bloodstock '04...I agree with Eagle with the view that I don't think they should headline.

How about getting Threshold back for '04 and perhaps Heavenly and Sonata Arctica