Bloodstock

N

Nige T

So come on spill the beans, are Saxon playing/headlining this metalfest or not?

Now that would be telling!!

Those headliners that have been approached are non-commital at the moment due to other commitments. The festival may be a joint headliner, however do not expect an announcement until Feb/March time.

Once the headliner is confirmed the remaining bill will follow suit.

Do you think Saxon should headline?

I think it would be great if Saxon were to headline. My only concern would be if Cradle of Filth (heard rumors) are going to be below Saxon on the bill. Don't get me wrong, but I think Saxon could struggle a bit because of this countrys awful fashion metal trends and the hardcore Filth fans. I know Saxon can blow anyone off stage No Problem, but perhaps if Saxon were to headline all the baby Filth fans would have to go home to bed (you know, it'll be a bit late for them) which could give a drop in crowd numbers and atmosphere. Please don't take this the wrong way, but depending on the bill and because of the poor state of Heavy Metal in England, I think it could be a bit to much, to soon to headline. If I get loads of post back telling me to F**k Off I will not be offended, but I'm just trying to be constructive.
Cheers
Nige.

I couldnt agree with you more regarding the current trend of metal in this country at the moment. Saxon still do not get the recognition that they deserve in the UK which must be really frustrating for the band. It would be great if they did play/headline but it would have to be on the right bill.

Martin,

Glad I didn't offend. Do you think a lot of Saxons problems in the country are down to poor advertising? The last tour that was majorly pushed was the 10th anniversary tour and the turn out for that was brilliant. Since then I've seen Saxon in front of some pitifully small crowds, but every time I've spoken to people in the crowd who have said things like "I only found out about it today", "My mates would have come if they had more notice" etc, etc.
I do think there is still a big fanbase out there but the contact between band/management and fans is terrible.

Nige.

Hi

It is a bit early to say who will headline. We are talking to a number of potential headliners and special guests however at the moment we feel it may be a co-headline event.

Saxon are aware of the event and are waiting to see who else will appear. It was the intention to have CofF headline however due to other commitments they have now declined. With CofF we were intending a more darker event - goth, thrash etc, now we may be tending more towards a classic metal approach. We shall have to wait and see.

Cheers

Vince

Yes..Definitly Saxon must headline...

Cradle are not bigger than Saxon! No way no how, and I think Danni filth would be honoured to appear below he mighty Biff.

Saxon should only not headline if Maiden were to headline..or Motorhead...maybe could be joint headers if a reformed JP did it.