Bloodstock

N

Nige T

What a brilliant day out it was.
I really enjoyed a lot of the bands on the day with particualr favourites being Orange Goblin, Blaze, Glen Hughes and of course Saxon.

Saxon hit the stage after the intro tape and launched straight into Metalhead which was closly followed by Heavy Metal Thunder. Two great openers to really pump up the crowd!
The band really played well and got a great reception, but I think after seeing them on the Metalhead tour they looked a bit rusty with only a few gigs under there belts. The other numbers that they played, not in order, were, Dogs of War, Cut out the desease, Conquistador, Crusader, Power and the Glory, 747, Denim and Leather, Wheels of Steel and I think that was it. (Correct me if I was wrong.)
Biffs voice really did sound excellent and Nibbs was his normall blur of flying hair!
Biff anounced that the band would be back in the UK in November and that Killing Ground will be a limited edition double album! So a few things to look forward to there.
All in all Saxon finished off a brilliant day in style and left me really looking forward to the new album and tour.
A BIG thanks to Vince and crew for a great day!
Cheers
Nige.