Bloody Panda Review....other Kayo Dot related stuff too.

Barista_Dot

Jul 12, 2006
California
www.myspace.com
The link below is for my review of Bloody Panda's full length. I also have a review on the new Daughters record.....both are somehow connected to Kayo Dot....so check it out if you want.

Oh and I have an older interview with Toby too.

Check it out if you so desire!

Bloody Panda Review

P.S. this is my music journalism myspace.

paul is probably speaking to his own generation in the review...

I'm 22. To talk about music you just have to have a passion about it, and I don't think judgements can be made about this. But to do 'music journalism' it might be a good idea to have a strong historical understanding of the music you're talking about.

The accuracy of that statement depends on what audience Paul's aiming for. If he's writing with a Southern Lord type of crowd in mind, Khanate, Sunn0)) etc. as a reference point makes perfect sense. But if he's aiming broader Esoteric is pretty obscure. The band your average Metal guy used to use as a yardstick was My Dying Bride.

messiahburger.jpg

I was just throwing out mainly modern extreme doom bands. I mean...if i wanted I could have thrown in Black Sabbath because they basically...started the whole thing *awaits debate*.

But I guess, i should have specified that Im talking mainly about what is considered modern doom.

SORRY FOLKS.

Helm said:
I'm 22. To talk about music you just have to have a passion about it, and I don't think judgements can be made about this. But to do 'music journalism' it might be a good idea to have a strong historical understanding of the music you're talking about.

Music is my passion. The review isnt an all encompassing historical volume dating back to the first second the word "Doom" was uttered regarding music, although I somewhat undestand what your saying, dont you think that the current comparison suites BP?

Again, I could throw in Pentagram and Black Sabbath, but thats stating what is already a known fact, by narrowing it down, someone that reads the review can most likely immediatly make the connection of what BP sounds like.

Thanks for reading though!!