Blue Bluebird on a cab?

Pdennis89

Jan 8, 2011
so my friends buying a 6505. i use podfarm currently but i feel like i cant get the sound i want without micing an amp. maybe im wrong. whatever. would a bluebird be good to mic a cab with?

Any mic can be used. Throw them shits up and see how it sounds. If you no likey, try another mic! Plenty of good guitar tones have been had without having to use an sm57.

Handy thing to do is check the specs on the mic. The max spl of the bluebird is 138 dB SPL. You'll probably blow a speaker before you'd hurt the mic! Large Diaphragm condensers like that are frequently used to pick up guitar cabs from close up.

i just dont want to ruin it. or give it a bad name because i dont know shit about micing.

I doubt you'll ruin the mics reputation by trying to use it to mic something.

There is no "yes it will rock", or "no, it will suck". It's totally up to you and what you like in guitar tone. You might try it and hate it, and another guy might try it and love it. The only way to go is to try it and see.

Why this mic specifically? Do you own/have access to it already? If so there's nothing to lose.