Blues Metal? I can't find it

Originally posted by SoundMaster
In 1989, a "supergroup" of sorts named Badlands released one of the best albums EVER, I feel. It was simply 'self titled' & is an exhibtion in how blues & metal can work seemlessly together.

I was going to mention this band as well. That first album, WOOHOO!

Originally posted by speed
I was wondering why blues seems to be a genre totally skipped over by just about every metal band. Is it because Led Zeppelin did it too well in Physical Graffiti- IV? Anyone know of any decent metal bands with a blues influence?

dude, I have your answer!

Gorefest is a really brutal death metal band (a pretty old one I believe.) The guitar solos are pure, ripping, old fashioned blues - kind of like AC/DC or some of early Metallica. The riffs are death riffs, but there is some blues influence there, too.

The one I like best is actually a pink CD, believe it or not, but judge it not by its girly color - it is brutal!

Checked into that gorefest- tried a few trakc offsoul survivor- yeah it aint bad- but i read gorefest lost most of its fan base due to the blues influence

Anus.com has some interesting reading. The overcategorization makes me hate them though.