Blut Aus Nord . . . once again.

Nate The Great

What would Nathan do?
May 10, 2002
www.ultimatemetal.com
I've talked about Blut Aus Nord before, but I thought I'd bring it up again.

I am still searching for a place to buy their latest, 'The Work Which Transforms God', for a good price. Dreamlord, you said you could find anything . . . didn't you?

Anyway, I also think Dreamlord and probably everybody else would really be interested in these guys. Their website, http://www.na-webzine.com/BAN/index.php, has some mp3's of their latest album. They are like the Neurosis of black metal. They are definitely black metal, but they are way out there with experimentation and atmospheres. They primarily play slow, very atmospheric stuff. Evey the band's playlists are something that you might see at the Neurosis site. Blut Aus Nord also recently took part in a Godflesh tribute.

I have 'The Mystical Beast of Rebellion' on order. That is the CD just before their latest. I'll let you know about it.

In the meantime . . . Dreamlord, you have your mission.

Adipocere catalog rules. Or at least it did a few weeks back when I ordered Arcane Sun, all the Diabolical Masquerade albums, Dan Swano's Odyssey project, and some other rarities. All at regular price too!

So I recently bought Blut Aus Nord - The Mystical Beast of Rebellion.

This thing just slashed my scrotum open! (Hey . . . I'm running out of good phrases . . . gimme a break.)

Erik: Have you heard this album? Think of Burzum and Xasthur played quite a bit faster. The vocals are in between the painful howls of Varg and the deathly shrill of Xasthur. The music is sort of trance inducing like both metioned bands tend to do. However, Blut Aus Nord has been around much longer than Xasthur, and I wouldn't really take the comparison to Burzum too much to heart. Blut Aus Nord is clearly a distinct and innovative band.

I can't wait to get their new one when it is released in the US soon.

Remember, Erik, I uncoverd bands like Negura Bunget and Xasthur for you. I think you'll like this band.:)

This thing just slashed my scrotum open! (Hey . . . I'm running out of good phrases . . . gimme a break.)

Erik: Have you heard this album? Think of Burzum and Xasthur played quite a bit faster. The vocals are in between the painful howls of Varg and the deathly shrill of Xasthur. The music is sort of trance inducing like both metioned bands tend to do. However, Blut Aus Nord has been around much longer than Xasthur, and I wouldn't really take the comparison to Burzum too much to heart. Blut Aus Nord is clearly a distinct and innovative band.

Remember, Erik, I uncoverd bands like Negura Bunget and Xasthur for you. I think you'll like this band.:)

BloodStainedWalls said:
Cold brutal woods of Rochester, haha. Im not sure exactly where they are from in NY...I just know that they are from NY. That is funny, but they fucking slay.
I discovered them blind at about the same time I discovered another vastly underappreciated American black metal band, Vesperian Sorrow, who I think is from Texas. If you haven't heard them, do so now.

markgugs said:
I discovered them blind at about the same time I discovered another vastly underappreciated American black metal band, Vesperian Sorrow, who I think is from Texas. If you haven't heard them, do so now.

Dude, Vesperian Sorrow kick ass! Beyond The Cursed Eclipse is a great album.:kickass: