Bogart's in cincinnati?

I'll be there. I saw Porcupine Tree there last year. It's kind of a dumpy place, but it has a certain odd charm to it.

Anyone passing through the Pittsburgh area on their way? I'd appreciate being able to contribute less gas money to a ride than I would money to a Greyhound ticket otherwise.

This might be my fifth Opeth show.

Showed up a few minutes before Opeth came on.

-The mix wasn't right for the first two songs...Heir Apparent was really quiet, just in general, then they played Grand Conj and turned the drums way up but not everything else for most of the song, they got it straightened out for Serenity Painted Death and onwards.

-Typically loud, drunk person stood right behind me and bellowed nonsense during the first two songs. Every single time a clean part would come during the show, he'd do the the middle finger/thumb in the mouth whistle that's intensely loud, without fail. People were getting pretty pissed. He almost made it through the quiet part of TNATSW, but started whistling until some people told him to shut the fuck up.

-Hope Leaves was played without the capo and Fred added a solo on the end. Fred also played Lindgren's solos (and his own, of course) right on the money.

-Axe's accents and slow, jazzy Lopez kinda stuff is pretty much right on the money now. I don't understand why people are STILL complaining about this. He did flub some 16th note double bass stuff here and there, which is not like him...

-I could hear Per's singing, for once!

-I noticed Mike doesn't hold out notes with his voice as long as he used to anymore, singing or screamingwise. Guess he's kinda gotta kinda save it up for the next show now that Opeth tours for 2/3 of the year!

-The entire band committed the metal band faux pas of wearing their own band T-shirt! (Watershed face guy shirts) Oh no, what's next?! Will they cut their hair?!

Great show. Alright setlist. Highlights were SPD, TNATSW, and Lotus Eater. I think the wackiness of By the Pain I see in Others would fit in a setlist that also contained the Lotus Eater pretty well rather than hearing Deliverance for the millionth time or Wreath, which are a lot more straight forward tunes.

This was my 5th Opeth show (I think). Good time, as per usual.

Setlist (if my memory serves correctly):

Heir Apparent
The Grand Conjuration
Serenity Painted Death
Hope Leaves
The Lotus Eater
Bleak
The Night and the Silent Water
Deliverance
Demon of the Fall
The Drapery Falls (Encore)

The best Mikael exchange of the night came when he was introducing Hope Leaves. He was saying how it was quieter and for the ladies. and how it was a ballad. From there it went thusly:

Mikael:Can you all say Ballad?
Crowd:Ballad!
Mikael:Louder!
Crowd:BALLAD!
Mikael:Ok, now say cock.
Crowd:COCK!
MikaelNow say pussy.
Crowd:pUSSY!
Mikael:Now say fuck.
Crowd:FUCK!!!
Mikael: You are so immature.

Damn it man, I really HATE it that I couldn't make it to this show. I was there the last time they played Bogarts back in '06 and it was an amazing show.

I was sulking like a child all night because I couldn't go.:erk:

Does anyone know if they are planning a second leg of the American tour? I live in Indy now and I'm hoping they do a second leg and swing by here.:kickass:

Showed up a few minutes before Opeth came on.

-The mix wasn't right for the first two songs...Heir Apparent was really quiet, just in general, then they played Grand Conj and turned the drums way up but not everything else for most of the song, they got it straightened out for Serenity Painted Death and onwards.

-Typically loud, drunk person stood right behind me and bellowed nonsense during the first two songs. Every single time a clean part would come during the show, he'd do the the middle finger/thumb in the mouth whistle that's intensely loud, without fail. People were getting pretty pissed. He almost made it through the quiet part of TNATSW, but started whistling until some people told him to shut the fuck up.

-Hope Leaves was played without the capo and Fred added a solo on the end. Fred also played Lindgren's solos (and his own, of course) right on the money.

-Axe's accents and slow, jazzy Lopez kinda stuff is pretty much right on the money now. I don't understand why people are STILL complaining about this. He did flub some 16th note double bass stuff here and there, which is not like him...

-I could hear Per's singing, for once!

-I noticed Mike doesn't hold out notes with his voice as long as he used to anymore, singing or screamingwise. Guess he's kinda gotta kinda save it up for the next show now that Opeth tours for 2/3 of the year!

-The entire band committed the metal band faux pas of wearing their own band T-shirt! (Watershed face guy shirts) Oh no, what's next?! Will they cut their hair?!

Great show. Alright setlist. Highlights were SPD, TNATSW, and Lotus Eater. I think the wackiness of By the Pain I see in Others would fit in a setlist that also contained the Lotus Eater pretty well rather than hearing Deliverance for the millionth time or Wreath, which are a lot more straight forward tunes.

This was my 5th Opeth show (I think). Good time, as per usual.

I thought it was kinda clever for them to all wear that shirt, given the story behind it.

The mixing could have been better even towards the later songs. Too much low end. Fun show!

The mixing was really bad on High on Fire though...

I thought the show was excellent. The mix was perfect to my ears. Set list was near perfect, although I agree maybe Deliverance could have been replaced with something else, maybe MA or BTPISIO off that album.

I absolutely loved High on Fire, although the mix could have been better. Matt Pike is incredible!

Best show I've seen so far, and I've seen a lot of them!

I was there, great show all around except the annoying drunk girl behind me.

Shitty openers.

Shitty openers.

??? High on Fire was a great opener! Fantastic concert overall, and while I had to beg my wife to come to the previous show, this time she was as eager to be part of it as myself ;-) I noticed this twinkle in her eyes during Mike's humourous exchanges, similar to when she and I first met...perhaps I should start to worry...