Boiler - Kwikee In The Traylur... 5 Bux

Mark

Not blessed, or merciful
Apr 11, 2001
Sarf Lundin, Innit
Boiler - Kwikee In The tTaylur... 5 Bux
By Mark Bridgeman

It's official - Boiler ROCK! From New York, these guys have their tongues firmly in cheek, and their sense of humour shoved in your face. This is fuzz rock with a grin on its face.

With two tracks taken from their upcoming CD "Cow Tipping In C Sharp", and 3 live tracks recorded back in 2000, the band will impress those who like solid, hard pub rock.

'Railroaded' is a high-energy opener with great, clear production that initially had my mind screaming "Stoner rock!", but it has a fine new brushing to it - the playing is well-executed, the song has a great hook, and doesn't fall into the Sabbath/Kyuss/whatever trap.

'Taste Like More' has a similar sound, but with a fresh bouncing beat to it. These guys could easily take this to the likes of Big Day Out or Ozzfest and have the kids jumping out of their cut-off shorts.

The live tracks show another side of the band - still heavy and thick as sludge, but with a slightly new (or should I say 'nu'?) feel to the songs. Not a bad thing if you're into that kinda trip (which, I must confess, I am on occasion). Their live shows seem to be energetic, crowd-pleasing affairs, and if the noise of the audience is anything to go by then they must be doing something right.

Their new album is out very very soon, so if you're into the thick, heavy, new sound of rock, be sure to check Boiler out.

The Kwikee EP was good, but y'all definitely need to check out the full length CD "Cow Tipping In C Sharp". Fans of Clutch, Prong or Helmet will especially dig it.

Come on over
http://www.boilerny.com

Beautiful Terrible... best rippin' song on the new cd.

Undoubtedly some of the best new hard rock out there!

These guys rule--and the bassist looks like a gorilla.

Old School - real metal - why aren't these guys touring with Ozzy? About time someone remembered how to rock!

Just got my copy of Cow Tipping in the mail and damn it kicks mucho ass! Nice job guys!

Boiler kicks it old school-!! As a live group- - They're at the top of the big, ugly HEAP!