Boise show 05/11/09

MetalMan33

New Metal Member
Mar 24, 2008
I am SO fucking excited to see Opeth for the third time, and even though it is on the night of my Business Stats final (night class), I'm still going to make it to see one of the most incredible bands to ever grace this humble little city!! :worship:

Yes, I did already see the setlist, and I really don't care what they play; I'm just happy they're here all the way from Sweden! Besides, I love all the tunes they plan on playing, anyway! Hope you can make it if you live in the Treasure Valley...

WOW!! The show was absolutely unbelievable!!!

There were three bands on the bill (according to The Knitting Factory's website): The Enslaved, Wolves in the Throne Room, and Opeth. And, when I got there, I noticed merchandise counters set up for all three bands. But it was only The Enslaved and Opeth who played.

The Enslaved: they were very interesting! I don't think their sound was mixed very well, but I enjoyed the fact that they had both growling/screaming and singing mixed. I liked the way their frontman (bassist/vocalist) played to the crowd, too.

Opeth: when these guys came out, the ENTIRE place erupted and the energy NEVER came to a complete stop until after their encore was played! They took the stage at about 9:15 p.m. and ended at 11:35 p.m. It was a brutal assault on our ears, but one that we took pleasure in, of course! Yes, they played the same set list as already mentioned in this forum, but I'm happy to watch them play ANY of their pieces!

I especially loved the amazing jam session on the end of “Closure”! Their sound was superb, and one of the best I’ve heard there at that venue.

I waited until after the show to purchase a shirt, but couldn’t get the one I wanted because they said they were sold out! They had two designs with the Watershed 2009 tour dates on them, and I loved both kinds. I'm hoping that I’ll be able to get one through their US merchandise affiliate. OR, if any of you are kind enough to buy one for me at one of the other shows on this tour and send it to me, I would be very much appreciative! :) Of COURSE I'll pay you the full cost of the shirt, and whatever it costs to get it to me. I have PayPal, too. PM me if you are willing and interested in helping out another crazy Opeth fan...

All in all, I had a GREAT time and cannot wait to see them again after the release of their next album!!

WOW!! The show was absolutely unbelievable!!!

Opeth: when these guys came out, the ENTIRE place erupted and the energy NEVER came to a complete stop until after their encore was played! They took the stage at about 9:15 p.m. and ended at 11:35 p.m. It was a brutal assault on our ears, but one that we took pleasure in, of course! Yes, they played the same set list as already mentioned in this forum, but I'm happy to watch them play ANY of their pieces!

I especially loved the amazing jam session on the end of “Closure”! Their sound was superb, and one of the best I’ve heard there at that venue.

IAll in all, I had a GREAT time and cannot wait to see them again after the release of their next album!!

Great freakin show!!!!!!!! Downtown Boise was really neat. I went exploring and talked to Mikeal before the show. He seemed a bit :rolleyes: about the show not being a big seller, but when they came on stage the place just went ballistic. The chanting of O-peth O-peth O-peth between songs and before the encore was high energy. So was the mosh pit. We were rabid fans for sure. At the end of one song Mikeal tryed to say something, but we were too loud, going nuts, he turned to his right with a big grin and gave a thumbs up to someone off stage.

Hesian Peel was awesome. The tone of Mikeal's guitar was beautiful. That song live was a surprising ass kicker. Very impressive. And as MetalMan said, the jam at the end of Closure was :Smokin: Fred must have been channeling Jimi Hendrix. He was sounding a bit like him with his guitar right on the edge of overload.

At the end of the show, Fred was drinking what I believe was a Moose Drool beer brewed right here in my home state of Montana. (One of my favorite beers of all time). Opeth... come to Montana and I'll buy the whole band the first round of some of the best beer in the USA.
:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Dude moose drool is good, one of my favorite brown ales has the hoppy zest but not too over powering to make it a pale ale or ipa. I'd have to say almost perfect balancing ah man, i'm so thirsty now at work haha. :kickass: you should check out stone russian imperial stout if you havent already brewed in so cal. my favorite beer XD gonna so opeth tonight tho! SO STOKED