Bolt Thrower, What Happened with Them?

NastyJoan

Oct 10, 2001
Santiago de Chile
After the excelent Honour Valour Pride I've heard nothing of them, there's no official page, Metal Blade has no news of them also so I wonder if anyone of here knows anything please let me know, I really like this band is one of my two favorite Death Metal bands with Immolation.

Hope they still exist!!!!

I have War Master and that's good enough for me. Their albums all basically sound the same, so I don't see the point in owning more than one.

All the albums sound the same? That's not true. People say that because they don't like the band enough to listen for the amount of time required to be able to discern the albums. I've had all the BT albums for years with the exception of In Battle... and each one has a very distinct sound and feel to me. It depends on how much you listen to them; albums sound all the same when you've heard the music but not gotten interested enough to pick-up the individual tracks and then the album as a whole.

BT have a new album due out this year.

Yahoo group is here (the mod is in contact with Jo from the band):
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/boltthrower/?yguid=70650321

Yahoo group for live mp3s:
http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/boltthrowermp3/?yguid=70650321

Good unofficial fan site:
http://www.geocities.com/bolt_thrower2003/

They're my favourite death band, I must disagree with those saying they're boring and the albums sound the same. HVP was still getting listened to daily 6 months after I bought it.

For those that don't want to join the yahoo group for the latest news, here's a message from Jo from late december:
Well, this year was kinda quiet for us, things didn't exactly go as
planned, so it's looking like 2004 is going to be a busy year for
Bolt Thrower!! At the moment we're writing and re-writing new songs
up until we head into the studio to record the new album, hopefully
around March/April time. Can't give you any more info yet, but we're
planning to release it in the autumn (on Metal Blade). Also, the
official Bolt Thrower website is currently being constructed by a
friend of ours, so that should be up and running in the next couple
of months, i'll keep you posted on that! Tour-wise, we won't play
any shows until after the album is released, so we're planning to do
a few UK dates at the end of the year followed by a full European
tour early 2005. I think that's about it - thanks for being so
patient......it will be worth the wait!!
Well, here's to a killer 2004!!
Jo & BT

I didn't read any posts, so If this was said- than dont yell.

I got an older copy of Pit magazine yesterday (the one with Dimmu on the front) and theres an interview. To sum it up, they have an new album coming out and a lineup that is "the best yet"... if anyone wants the interview PM me or AIM me TheSpaceCrusader

Guys, where should I bury this Krahg Alien w/ Blast rifle? Should I bury him with the rest of his kind, or with the guys who have +3 rifles, or...what?