Bon Jovi box set

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
BON JOVI, who released their debut recording in 1984, will celebrate their continued love affair with audiences around the world on a mammoth 5-disc box set entitled 100 Million Bon Jovi Fans Can’t Be Wrong, a premiere collection composed almost entirely of unheard and unseen materials from the band's vast archive.

The top secret box set project has been personally supervised by Bon Jovi at every stage. It will comprise three CDs of songs previously unreleased by the band, a fourth CD with many of Bon Jovi's favorite previously released rarities (from movie soundtracks and a variety of sources here and abroad), and a DVD of never-before-seen behind-the-scenes film and video footage. The deluxe box set will arrive in stores internationally on Monday, November 15th and in stores in the US and Canada.

In what is considered a first for any box set of this magnitude, Bon Jovi will reach out to its fanbase across the globe and ask them to submit brief written comments via email, a number of which will be incorporated into the booklet accompanying the box set. Fans may email anecdotes, opinions, recollections and personal essays to tellus@bonjovi.com.

The entire contents of the box set are in the final phase of production, but the band now confirms that among the previously unreleased materials (many of which are completed tracks that never made it onto albums) will be songs even the most hard-core fans have never heard, including ‘Why Aren't You Dead?’, ‘One To Say Goodbye’, and ‘Gotta Have a Reason’. Similarly the fourth disc, containing songs which have been released in limited formats previously, is slated to include the movie tracks ‘Good Guys Don't Always Wear White’ (from The Cowboy Way), ‘Real Life’ (from EDTV), an original demo of the hit single ‘Always’, and international B-sides such as ‘Temptation’.

Further details on this box set will be revealed in the weeks ahead.

I cant wait for this, a heap of BJs unreleased stuff is better than the stuff that made it onto some of their best albums :headbang: Plus they havent filled half the discs with a meaningless best of like they do with most box sets.

I hope they dont put any outtakes from that shit acoustic album though. I couldnt imagine the crap they left off it looking at what actually made it on to it.

How can you not be a Bon Jovi fan? Seriously? You own New Jersey and Slippery When Wet right?

You make me SICK Blitzy. Havent heard New Jersey... Its only one of the greatest albums EVER written. I cant believe you. Hang your head in shame. SHAME I TELL YOU.

I liked Bon Jovi in 1987 and 88. I even had Slippery When Wet on tape when some of you lot were in kindergarten. Can't say I like them any more, even though I still sing along to "Wanted Dead Or Alive" when it's on the radio.

W

You havent even heard New Jersey phloggy? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THIS BOARD? This isnt funny you know. No wonder the world is as shitty as it is when theres people out there who dont own a copy of one of the greatest albums ever written.

I hasten to add that even in 1987, I still liked Van Halen better :p.

Richie Sambora was and is a great guitarist and songwriter, but Jon got all the attention because it was his pretty boy face plastered on the cover of Dolly and Smash Hits. Sickening.

W

I've heard some of the songs. I like some of the songs. I think I even have some of the songs on tape somewhere. I'm also pretty sure that I must have heard the whole album somewhere along the track (otherwise where would have I got my tape from, hmmm?). But I can't remember it, and I definately don't own it.

Maybe, just maybe, I'll see if I can rectify that somehow.

Richie is an awesomely good guitarist, and he married Heather Locklear, and she was married to Tommy Lee, so you know Richie must have a penis the size of a small car as Heather certainly wouldnt go backwards you wouldnt think.

Bon Jovi is WAY better than Van Halen :)

Phloggy, dont let your shame consume you, there is but one way to redeem yourself. Get to it.

"Bon Jovi is WAY better than Van Halen :)."

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FREAKIN' MIND????

For heaven's sake, man! Get yourself a copy of VH's self-titled debut and then compare it with girly, radio-friendly tripe like Livin' On A Prayer and Never Say Goodbye. No contest whatsoever.

W

No contest indeed. Van Halen on their best day couldnt take Bon Jovi :headbang: Album for album, Bon Jovi slay Van Halen.

I like Van Halen still of course. How you can call Bon Jovi radio friendly tripe then say Van Halen is better is rather amusing. Bon Jovi were much heavier than Van Halen, and had far more varied songwriting as well!

"Bon Jovi were much heavier than Van Halen, and had far more varied songwriting as well."

Get this man a strait jacket, stat! Van Halen might have gone a bit keyboardy towards the end of the 80s, but they went back to their roots in '91 with For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge.

Where was JBJ while all this was happening? Probably parading up and down in his favourite taffeta ballgown, drinking mint juleps and whipping the houseboy :). Heavy? Pfft! He doesn't know the meaning of the word...

W

Obviously you havent heard much Bon Jovi... Van Halen are a pop band with guitars. Not that theres anything wrong with that, but they wouldnt know heavy if it hit them on the head. Not that Bon Jovi is massively heavy but they are far, far more hard rock than Van Halen ever got.

I suggest you find the tracks If I Was Your Mother, Raise Your Hands, Homebound Train, Fear and Lay Your Hands On Me. In fact id say the stuff on Bon Jovis debut album is heavier than anything Van Halen has ever done.

JBJ was still selling millions upon millions of albums with Bon Jovi when all this was happening, thats where, while Van Halen just argued like the girls they are before reuniting for one last payday! :)

Comparing Van Halen to Bon Jovi is like comparing Elvis and The Beatles.
Both are brilliant in their own right niether is better then the other at what they do.Both have made audiences all over the world go nuts...just look at sales and influence on other musicians and artists.
I am one of the biggest Bon Jovi fans you could know yet I would never say Van Halen is better or worse. I think Van Halen is just as good in many ways.

Xena is right, but I challenge spawn's argument that Van Halen weren't heavy. I think 'Diver Down' is where VH started becoming more of a pop-rock band. Prior to that, I'd put Van Halen very much in the heavy metal category, especially for the time (1978 - 1981).

I dont think Van Halen were heavy at all, which isnt to say they were bad, just to say they werent heavy, and were way more pop than hard rock, especially around the Jump era stuff forward.

I really like Van Halen, but I cant see how they are on the same level song wise as Bon Jovi :confused: Meh, each to their own I guess.

I think the real problem here is the shock of finding out not everyone owns New Jersey. Absolutely scandalous and deplorable!