Books that never get old

DarkNoise

Grotesque Butchery Rabbit
Since we got a thread about movies, and I've been doing more reading that watching lately, thought I'd follow up that thread.

Dragonlance Chronicles by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman
Abarat by Clive Barker
30 Days of Night: Rumors of the Undead by Douglas Niles
Bitten / Stolen by Kelley Armstrong
Event Horizon by Steven McDonald
The Bell Witch by Brent Monahan

and let it be known, that I actually read The Bell Witch before the movie An American Haunting even began production, and though the movie had its moments, it leaves out what I consider critical parts. Such as how the 'ghost' would talk in great lengths to John Jr. about philosophy, religion, etc.

Oh, I almost forgot. It's one I haven't read in years but wanna get again. It's a Max book for sure.

2578-1.jpg

Star Wars: Tales of the Bounty Hunters

Some of the "young adult" stuff is pretty good..Garth Nix does a good job of constructing a very intricate world...is that series set in the same world as Sabriel?

Warrel - I bought Weaveworld about 6 years ago, and it's been with me ever since. Made it through over 5 moves between houses. I still haven't read it.

The only thing I don't like about Clive Barker is that except for the Cenobites, no one has ever really been able to capture the horrors of his mind on the big screen (see Midnight Meat Train).

I haven't read Sandman, but if it's Neil Gaiman then it deserves it's own shrine
yes yes yes

it sucks because i used to have all volumes of sandman except for... brief lives, i think. but over the course of the past 2 years or so, i managed to lose like 7 volumes... lent to people and i forgot about it, i guess. sucks.

oh yeah, and EVERYONE READ PREACHER. that's another one that never gets old.

i don't really read books more than once, either. there are a few i read years ago that i know i need to go back and re-read, lots of stephen king.

Personally, the only books that never get old are the New Jedi Order series, the ones with the ritualistic crazy aliens from beyond. Other than that...Honestly, anything by Christopher Pike, if I recall books from earlier years.

It'd be a killer movie. I have no idea if the actress for Leia is still alive, but if she was...Perfect age for playing a role in the movie, it being 25-30 years later anyway. It'd be cool to see Mark Hammil play Luke Skywalker again, and Harrison Ford still be able to play Han Solo...

In any case, yes, terribly written. But plotwise, fuckin A!