Books that never get old

yes yes yes

it sucks because i used to have all volumes of sandman except for... brief lives, i think. but over the course of the past 2 years or so, i managed to lose like 7 volumes... lent to people and i forgot about it, i guess. sucks.

oh yeah, and EVERYONE READ PREACHER. that's another one that never gets old.

i don't really read books more than once, either. there are a few i read years ago that i know i need to go back and re-read, lots of stephen king.

whatwhatwhat, you lost the sandman books!? :erk:

Have you read the Dark Tower series by Stephen King?

Thought you said RR sucks for a moment. You were going to have ninjas fuck you anally with wakizashis in your sleep tonight.

I have too many damn favorites. But here is some anyhow.

The Memoirs of Cleopatra, by Margaret George.

The Autobiography of Henry VIII, Margaret George.

the entire Elric series by, Michael Moorcock.

The Mists of Avalon, Marion Zimmer Bradly. She also did some damn fine science fictions that are real good, but very hard to find. Found one at the library, never saw any again.

IT, Tommy Knockers, Insomnia, The Stand, just a shit load of Stephen King.

The entire incarnations of immortality series by Peirce Anthony. Well the last was kind of meh, but the rest of the series was well worth it.

I will repeat the Dragonlance Chronicles, by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman, because its all bad ass.

Dragon Doom, by Dennis L. McKiernan

Fave Anne Rice vampire series book, Pandora. Most shitty Anne Rice book for good measure, Violin. :erk: Weird, nassty and some parts strangely arousing, The claiming of sleeping beauty. :lol:

The Chronicles of Amber, Roger Zelazny. My second fave fantasy books of all time.

I probably forgot some, but this is a basic list.

I've never been one to read a book twice, except for one: I Am Legend.

It's short and reads so fast that you can read it over the course of a couple of days on your lunch break. It never gets old.

This is one of the greatest books I have ever read.

n166118.jpg

This book is one that I can read over and over again.

SophiesWorld.gif

This book also is one that will never get old. I love this book.
0345465660_01__SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Okay, so I need some scifi book recommendations. I bought Ender's Game, which I read when i was like 11, perhaps too young to really appreciate it, I'll be rereading it soon. So gimme some recos, especially books involving the future, aliens, "hard scifi", and/or space travel. None of that nerdy fantasy crap!

did you read the new Fate of the Jedi yet? i keep hoping they will come out in paperback...

im reading Angels and Demons right now, I liked the movie (fuck you) and the book is pretty good as well. I also just got done reading The Heir Series by Cinda Williams Chima, it was a really good series in the vein of Harry Potter, but a little more adult themed I think. I really find the young adult's series better than adult books...mabye the covers make me want to buy them....or because most of the adult Sci-Fi/Fantasy are lame besides some Dragonlance and Star Wars.

oh and the Diablo books, pretty much all of those were awesome.

theres mass effect books?? who writes them?

im not holding my hopes up for Omen... i usually agree with the ratings on Amazon.com and there giving it a 3 out or 5....probably the damn writer.