Boomy/muddy guitars when re-amping using impulses

Kingliar

Jun 17, 2006
Hi all,

I send an unprocessed signal from my factory 003 to the radial X-amp. From there to a rectifier recording pre-amp and from the send-FX channel back into the factory 003 using TL-Space.

After this the sound is very boomy and muddy. It just does not sound "crispy" and clear.

Am I overlooking something ?

Thanks

Check the outs on the recto, I think it has a compensated frequency which is some what like a cab emulator. So its like running thru 2 impulses.......boomy

Check the outs on the recto, I think it has a compensated frequency which is some what like a cab emulator. So its like running thru 2 impulses.......boomy

But I' m using the send fx channel. That's not using a cab-emulation...does it ?

I am using TL Space with great success for impulses, too (cpu hog, but zero latency!). I don't need to eq them very much, although I always put a hi-pass on my guitars to get rid of the sub 100Hz stuff.
Use 1 TL space per mono guitar track.
Check that decay is 100% and that on the "Early" tab, the length is at least 20 ms (adjust it and hear what's happening), size is 100%, lo cut 0.0 and balance 0.0. Also, I usually turn the late level to 0..

I am using TL Space with great success for impulses, too (cpu hog, but zero latency!). I don't need to eq them very much, although I always put a hi-pass on my guitars to get rid of the sub 100Hz stuff.
Use 1 TL space per mono guitar track.
Check that decay is 100% and that on the "Early" tab, the length is at least 20 ms (adjust it and hear what's happening), size is 100%, lo cut 0.0 and balance 0.0. Also, I usually turn the late level to 0..

Hello.....I checked....all settings were ok....

I also noticed that the dry signal is clipping a bit (eventhough the input gain was 0) but that can't really cause it....can it ?

Hello.....I checked....all settings were ok....

I also noticed that the dry signal is clipping a bit (eventhough the input gain was 0) but that can't really cause it....can it ?
I am new to Protools, so I fiddled around and do not remember what I did to solve my cabinet impulse problems. But I remember having problems with the levels (in and out). So I reduced my input gain in TL space to -2 dB (it clipped although my recording wasn't very hot) and the early gain to -4 dB (depends on the impulse, I am using the great guitarhack stuff).