Difficulties: GH50L FX send and Impulses.

gorath23

Feb 6, 2008
Hey guys, long time since I've been on here. I successfully used my last amp (Engl Fireball) with impulses, taking the preamp signal from the FX Loop Send but since my last demo I've changed both my Interface and Amp. I'm now using a Yamaha i88x with a Laney GH50L. I can get the dry signal from the
i88x (using a LL Redeye) into the front end of the Laney (comes through the cab fine), but I cannot get the preamp signal to show in Reaper, or even indicate that the i88x is receiving it.

The FX loop is working fine btw, I've tried also plugging another cable into the Return. The chain is FX send > i88x channel 3 (line level)> Reaper, record enabled. All inputs are enabled, both in the i88x config and within Reaper itself. Its really bugging me, the signal just refuses to reach Reaper. Any help? I've tried different inputs on the i88x too, proven to work, but still no luck.

Make sure the FX level knob is up? Try switching betwee series and parallel?
Got the same amp and though it's been a long time since I've used impulses I never had a problem getting the pre out on it