HELP!..can't get decent tone with Revalver MKIII

Kingliar

Jun 17, 2006
Hi all,

I can't get a decent (hi gain) tone using revalver MKIII...no matter what I try, everything sounds boomy, muddy, crackling and flat!

What I did was : record my direct guitar tone (Gibson Les Paul Menace) via the "unprocessed out" channel from a POD XT Pro directly into Protools LE...using the pre-amp of the Digi 003...signals are not clipping...after that I just insert Revalver MK III...and...nothing...no matter what I try...

What am I doing wrong ?

Greettzz

Clips?

Don't use the stock impulses. Put the Tube Screamer or Bassbox before the amp. Which amp model are you using?

Is it possible that you are accidentally running the amp through an impulse of some sort more than once? If you're using an IR loader is the one in revalver off?

Just trying to jog your brain to help fix it.

Hi all,

I can't get a decent (hi gain) tone using revalver MKIII...no matter what I try, everything sounds boomy, muddy, crackling and flat!

What I did was : record my direct guitar tone (Gibson Les Paul Menace) via the "unprocessed out" channel from a POD XT Pro directly into Protools LE...using the pre-amp of the Digi 003...signals are not clipping...after that I just insert Revalver MK III...and...nothing...no matter what I try...

What am I doing wrong ?

Greettzz

Welcome to the guitar tone world. That's the nature of the guitar sound when soloed. If you solo the guitars on your favourite albums, they'd sound in most cases like that. As ahjteam said, bass and drums fill the lack of body on them.