Need help on a Revalver tone

digitaldeath

Dec 7, 2008
Waterford, Ireland
Hey guys, I could do with some help working on a good guitar tone, so any pointers you could provide would be great.
Yes, I know a real amp & cab would be best but it's not possible for me at the moment.
I'm using Revalver mkIII and have quite a few impulses. I have to wait a few weeks before I can get some good monitors, so I'm stuck with headphones for the moment.
Basically I'd like you to tell me what you like and dislike about the following guitar tone (I'm not much of a guitarist btw).
Thanks!

http://thoughtsofruin.com/download/music/006%20(revalver%20version).mp3

it sounds great to me, for they style you are playing, you could let more bass through, like turning up the bass on the cabinet and get more of the proximety effect, mabey past eq some of the highs a tad down, but it really works and I am impressed, although its not my cup of tea.

Fiddle around with settings and every time you get something new write it down, and save is somewhere and you will have a whole collection to choose from/edit/improve on. Make a whole bunch of radical settings that are usable and try to get as many different tones as possible, then put them away and come back to them in the future, one tone you may dislike today 3 months from now you may love and will be your main tone, so just give yourself options.

use your ears.

Make a whole bunch of radical settings that are usable and try to get as many different tones as possible, then put them away and come back to them in the future, one tone you may dislike today 3 months from now you may love and will be your main tone, so just give yourself options.

That's actually a great idea, cheers dude!

My%20Revalver%20Settings01.png

Impulse: englv30cab