Borknagar signs with Century Media

I guessed this would be the announcement when I read Jens blog yesterday. Looking forward to hearing the new album!

Great news! Certainly not what I expected, but I guess no one saw this coming. Excellent, three new albums!!! It's great that we won't have to wait so long for a new one, wicked! I wonder what happened with Indie, pity I guess.

+1. Weird and unexpected but good - I guess.

Artisan Blog said:
Borknagar has not been very active the last 10 years, but that is about to change. This involves more ambitions, plans, focus and dedication. It also involves a renewal of the web- solutions, something I’m very much looking forward to.

This makes me more excited than the record deal haha. (I know, I'm weird.)

This makes me more excited than the record deal haha. (I know, I'm weird.)

I agree! I never had any doubt that they'd give us 3 more albums, contract or no contract, they seem to be an endless well of inspiration.

I'm hoping signing back to Century Media gives them the kind of backing/financial/promotional support they need to do a big proper tour (of the U.S. perhaps....?) I would be so so so so so so so so so thrilled to see them play in New York and to MEET THEM :worship:

I just saw Agalloch play their first show EVER in NYC and it was AMAZING and totally sold out (1100-1200 people), so I have no doubt that there is an audience for blackened/folk/prog (whatever the hell you call these bands haha). Borknagar seems like a bigger band than Agalloch so I think they'd totally rock New York City's socks off. :D

Agalloch made a funny joke on stage, John Haughm said "we've played the same small village in Belgium three times, but this is our first time playing the greatest city in the USA!" Why don't any of the bands I like ever play in the US!? EVEN Agalloch, who is from the US!!

You get so many good tourpackages over there, so stfu ;)

I don't understand why Agalloch don't play too often in the US though, it's like the same with Belphegor and Austria.

I agree! I never had any doubt that they'd give us 3 more albums, contract or no contract, they seem to be an endless well of inspiration.

I'm hoping signing back to Century Media gives them the kind of backing/financial/promotional support they need to do a big proper tour (of the U.S. perhaps....?) I would be so so so so so so so so so thrilled to see them play in New York and to MEET THEM :worship:

I just saw Agalloch play their first show EVER in NYC and it was AMAZING and totally sold out (1100-1200 people), so I have no doubt that there is an audience for blackened/folk/prog (whatever the hell you call these bands haha). Borknagar seems like a bigger band than Agalloch so I think they'd totally rock New York City's socks off. :D

Agalloch made a funny joke on stage, John Haughm said "we've played the same small village in Belgium three times, but this is our first time playing the greatest city in the USA!" Why don't any of the bands I like ever play in the US!? EVEN Agalloch, who is from the US!!

That's it!!!! I guess I wasn't as excited as the rest because, deep down, I probably thought exactly that: It's no surprise that there'll be three more albums, since the band seems to have "an endless source of inspiration". Thanks for pointing out how my subconscious felt! :p

I still preferred the band with a smaller label, but I hope CM will give the band the "propaganda" it deserves and, as you said, this'll hopefully mean more tours.

Haha I guess some bands hate their own countries? :p

I still preferred the band with a smaller label, but I hope CM will give the band the "propaganda" it deserves and, as you said, this'll hopefully mean more tours.

The propaganda is what I'm looking forward too, because I know the music will still deliver at the end of the day. The positive to all of this is better promotion, merchandise, and possibly better touring.

Though, may be wishful thinking. Its not like they weren't with Century before...