Borknagar signs with Century Media

Though, may be wishful thinking. Its not like they weren't with Century before...[/QUOTE]

Ya, but they didnt have my pain in the ass before either...all my constant pushing is starting to pay off. Good things come to those who wait lol

The propaganda is what I'm looking forward too, because I know the music will still deliver at the end of the day. The positive to all of this is better promotion, merchandise, and possibly better touring.

Though, may be wishful thinking. Its not like they weren't with Century before...

Being an American from Chicago, I have to ask this of you Dave. How do Norwegians and a Swede put up with overbearing, headstrong people from the Midwest? In all seriousness.

lol....Im technically from NJ but it works just fine I guess. Im not exactly some dude who was stuck in some town for 27 years and never knew how to act. Ive been flying around the world since I was 4 and was lucky enough to be exposed to all different cultures so it works in my favor I guess. Im far from one of these "America is the greatest country in the world" assholes. Why do you think I live in Norway now. The states is great for food and cheap stuff but honestly, Im glad to be out. Its only getting worse and...eh Im not going to get myself started.

lol....Im technically from NJ but it works just fine I guess. Im not exactly some dude who was stuck in some town for 27 years and never knew how to act. Ive been flying around the world since I was 4 and was lucky enough to be exposed to all different cultures so it works in my favor I guess. Im far from one of these "America is the greatest country in the world" assholes. Why do you think I live in Norway now. The states is great for food and cheap stuff but honestly, Im glad to be out. Its only getting worse and...eh Im not going to get myself started.

Oh, I agree. I've moved out of this country a few times because on the whole I hate it. However, you have to agree that every born American has a degree of overbearing to them. Even if it is repressed. I think it comes from dealing with everyone around you.

You get so many good tourpackages over there, so stfu ;)

I don't understand why Agalloch don't play too often in the US though, it's like the same with Belphegor and Austria.

I'm sure we get good tour packages, but it's only for bands I don't listen to. Almost none of the metal bands I like tour the USA.

a thought: with Bork re-signing to CM, wonder if this means Cronian and Solefald will re-sign with CM?

My instincts say no. I'm assuming they are back with CM because it seems (thank you DAVE!!!) they are going to attempt to be more than just a studio band (not to say they haven't played a show/festival here and there, but you know what I mean). A bigger label like CM probably prefers to pump it's resources into a band that is going to perform often because it means more exposure/revenue for the label. I highly doubt (though it would probably make my head explode with excitement) that Solefald or Cronian are going to become live acts..... :(

Ya, but they didnt have my pain in the ass before either...all my constant pushing is starting to pay off. Good things come to those who wait lol

good man :) I'd do the same if I were you. as long as no one starts to make a change, nothing will happen. that's how it always was and that's how it always will be.

The states is great for food [...]
whatta heck....

My instincts say no. I'm assuming they are back with CM because it seems (thank you DAVE!!!) they are going to attempt to be more than just a studio band (not to say they haven't played a show/festival here and there, but you know what I mean). A bigger label like CM probably prefers to pump it's resources into a band that is going to perform often because it means more exposure/revenue for the label. I highly doubt (though it would probably make my head explode with excitement) that Solefald or Cronian are going to become live acts..... :(

Thanks for seeing it. We are definately starting to turn things around and get this ball rolling and hopefully knock it out of the park. Ive been pushing and pushing for something since Ive joined the band but really, the only way to accomplish anything is if we can be a "collective" together as a band. That means practice and hang out together and in order to do that, I have to move to Oslo. So Tuesday, Im flying to Oslo and that will begin my living there fulltime. Im not only doing this for myself and the band but Im doing it for all of the fans. I assure you, this next wave of Borknagar will be a real force of awesome lol.

I just saw Agalloch play their first show EVER in NYC and it was AMAZING and totally sold out (1100-1200 people), so I have no doubt that there is an audience for blackened/folk/prog (whatever the hell you call these bands haha). Borknagar seems like a bigger band than Agalloch so I think they'd totally rock New York City's socks off. :D

Dude I was there too! But seriously, no way that venue holds 1100 people. I'd say it was about 700 max.

I would probably sell my soul to see them in the U.S. I really hope some kind of tour sprouts from this new contract.

Of course, 3 new albums is the best part of this whole announcement. The more Borknagar, the better. I love this band.

Dude I was there too! But seriously, no way that venue holds 1100 people. I'd say it was about 700 max.

I was at the Agalloch show too, front row right up against the stage. I could've probably poked John Haughm if I felt like it. Worm Ouroboros were amazing, so were Daniel Menche and Aerial Ruin.