Borknagar

A very good band but I kind of stop following their every move after Vintersorg came to the band...I'm interested in hearing their next work though, I think that "Empiricism" left quite a few people not very happy.

Originally posted by Kveldssanger
I think that "Empiricism" left quite a few people not very happy.

W00T?! Well, maybe you're right.... I never hear
people say it's an "ok" album.... You either love
or hate it I guess...? I used to hate it, now I love
it, but only when I listen to it! >:eek:P Hehehe...

Dunno, there's something about that album that
just doesn't click, but when I finally put it on....
YUM! :eek:)

Borknagar's first album is without doubt their best. I haven't listened a whole lot to the inbetween ones, but I'm not very fond of the last two.

I'm listening to them right now and I'm also looking forward to see them performing live at WOA.............but this is neither the NP nor the WOA thread :p :D

I enjoyed their music up to the point IC Vortex sold out to Dimmu and they replaced him with that ridiculous Swedish man.

From the Suidakra website:

Tour: Borknagar - Finntroll - Susperia - Suidakra - Windir

04.10. _ NL. EINDHOVEN / EFFENAAR
05.10. _ BL. VOSSELAAR / BIEBOB
06.10. _ NL. HENGELO / METROPOOL
07.10. _ D. ESSEN / ZECHE CARL
08.10. _ D. BERLIN / KNAACK
09.10. _ PL. T.B.A.
10.10. _ CZ. T.B.A.
11.10. _ D. BISCHOFSWERDA / EAST CLUB
12.10. _ A. VIENNA / ARENA
*.10. _ ...

... more dates will follow

:hotjump:

yes, good program,
think Borknagar have a good attitude, the older albums were more BM, the new ones integrate a bit more heavy, Susperia have a good website & Borknagar a good Live sound,
(the contrary works too)

Originally posted by Kveldssanger
A very good band but I kind of stop following their every move after Vintersorg came to the band...I'm interested in hearing their next work though, I think that "Empiricism" left quite a few people not very happy.

I agree.. i was very disapointed when i heard Empericism.. I didnt like the Vintersorg vocals.. Simen is much better...

Originally posted by Morgana
From the Suidakra website:

Tour: Borknagar - Finntroll - Susperia - Suidakra - Windir

04.10. _ NL. EINDHOVEN / EFFENAAR
05.10. _ BL. VOSSELAAR / BIEBOB
06.10. _ NL. HENGELO / METROPOOL
07.10. _ D. ESSEN / ZECHE CARL
08.10. _ D. BERLIN / KNAACK
09.10. _ PL. T.B.A.
10.10. _ CZ. T.B.A.
11.10. _ D. BISCHOFSWERDA / EAST CLUB
12.10. _ A. VIENNA / ARENA
*.10. _ ...

... more dates will follow

:hotjump:

Wow! :eek: All my favorites on one tour! Except for Suidakra, I've never heard of them.. are they any good?

Its hard to compare the two singers since all the albums with Vortex are so different from Empiricism.. All the albums from borknagar is different. Vintersorg did a good show when I saw them live.. I was quite impressed. I like him much more now than before, when I hadnt heard him live. I dont know how Simen is live, but i like him better on the studio recordings.