Borknagar

Simen Hestnæs' vocals are divine (if such a word can be used in this context)..
I merely laugh when i hear/see Vintersorg, I certainly did when I looked at Empiricism's band-photos the first time... "Ooooh, Vintersorg looks eeeevil" Hah! ;)

My favourite album is Quintessence, allthough i dont like the production. I think "Colossus" would be my favorite song as well.

And if Dimmu Borgir could kick Shagrath out on the curb and start using Vortex's vocals instead I'd be a happy man.

BORKNAGAR drummer Asgeir Mickelson has been asked by TESTAMENT to join them on their NO MERCY FESTIVAL Tour. Asgeir Mickelson is a long time fan of the band and will replace Jon Allen who is due to personal family issues not able to participate the Testament tour with MARDUK and DEATH ANGEL which will start April 8th over Europe. Borknagar themselves will start recording their new album at March 14th in the Toproom and Fagerborg Studios with producer Borge Finstad (MAYHEM, SOLEFALD etc.).

NP - Shining

My favourite album is Quintessence, allthough i dont like the production.

My thoughts exactly! Quintessence is my favourite by a long way, and I much prefer Simens vocals to Vintersortg, although they are very different. The sound on the album is absolutely dreadful however, I don't know anything about producing music, so I don't know why. If they had got the production right, I would love it even more though.

BORKNAGAR Prepare To Enter Studio - Mar. 12, 2003
Norway's BORKNAGAR will enter Toproom and Fagerborg Studios on March 14 with producer Borge Finstad (MAYHEM, SOLEFALD) to record the follow-up to "Empiricism", due at the end of the year through Century Media Records.

Among the titles tentatively set to appear on the CD are the following:

01. Cyclus
02. The Inner Ocean Hypothesis
03. The Wonder
04. Quintessence
05. Future Reminiscence
06. Relate (Dialogo)

The band, who recently parted ways with gutarist Jens F. Ryland, will need about 4-6 months to complete the album "as we want to use the time needed to get the album as close to perfection as possible," according to BORKNAGAR mastermind Oystein G. Brun.

Thought I copy and paste this over in this thread ;)

I love Empiricism. I don't own anything prior to Quintessence, so I am not familiar with the "old" Borknagar.

The Genuine Pulse is one of the best songs ever created, in my opinion.

And I got the impression by reading through this thread that people seem to think Q has a bad production. I can't say I disagree. Empiricism has a much, much better sound.