Born to Be Doomed fest, July 1-3 2010, Baltimore MD

zabu of nΩd

Free Insultation
Feb 9, 2007
Anyone heard of / interested in this? I'm trying to decide if I should schlep up to Baltimore again in 3 weeks to see it. I'm at least curious to see AoS and Revelation.

July 1, 2, and 3, 2010
The Sidebar Tavern, Baltimore, MD

Thursday July 1 Festival warm-up party: Show at 9pm. $8
* Levey, Kallimon, Brown, and guests play Black Sabbath
* Soul
* Against Nature
* Special Festival Guests jam session

Friday July 2 Show at 8pm. $15
* Age of Taurus
* Sancus Bellum
* Electric Magma
* Yet So Far
* Iron Man

Saturday July 3 Show at 12:30pm. $30
* Black Cowgirl
* Cyrus
* Blizaro
* Admiral Browning
* Apostle of Solitude
* Black Pyramid
* Orodruin
* Revelation
* Blood Farmers
* Earthride

http://www.hellridemusic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22053

From that thread, it looks like Dodens may be there, but he's probably not going to talk to me, so if anyone else wants to go and/or share a room for the weekend let me know.

God damn, I really would fucking love to go, but I don't think I can take the days off from work. I could probably afford it if we stayed in a cheap Motel 6 or something.

Age of Taurus is good british doomer, have an EP and SKR might still have it. Sanctus Bellum has a member, or a few can't remember of Ogre. Yet so Far is obviously a lineup playing the whole Yet so Far album, Blizaro has the Orodruin guitarist/john gallo in it and should be awesome(waiting on their cd in the mail right now), Blood Farmers just had a member pass away so should be a great tribute to his life and his time in the band. This is a great festival and if you are on the east coast and aren't gay, should go.

This would actually be plausible for me because I never work on the weekends and taking off 1 or 2 days is no big thing for me. The only thing is that I would not want to drive 13 hours by myself and I dont think my friends can go.

This is entirely worth if only just to see Grant again:kickass:

My dear Jordan, you flatter me. I would not wish a one-man 13 hour drive upon anyone, so I hope you are able to find someone to share your load with if you decide to come.

Looks pretty cool. I'd really like to see Orodruin. I would go but it is just too much money for me to spend at this point. :(

Well, I'll at least try to make it to MDF next year.

Guy and I actually discussed going to this a while ago, but decided that we just don't want to drive all the way up there. It's too far away. Maybe next year.