DECLARATION OF DOOM - July 5th, 2008

l_e37127306e2db1899ff7aca02bb0ce6c.jpg

Ogre - All of them
The Gates of Slumber - Suffer No Guilt
Iron Man - The Passage and Generation Void
Argus, Dwell Within, and Chower only have demos on the Bland Hand Records
Valkyrie - Valkyrie
Revelation - Salvation's Answer and Never Come Silence
Orodruin - Anything you can get your hands on.

Last year was great! The Sidebar is a really cool venue, lots of character. And yeah, it is nice and small! I heard something like 150-250 capacity?

The beer selection is pretty bad but I couldn't complain 'cause (just like this year!) every band on the bill is amazing. Unfortunately its only 1 day this time 'round, but I guess in a way that will be a blessing - the last one was pretty exhausting!

I expect to see a lot of you there this year!

Especially a certain someone who lives very close to the venue!!

Airfare has bumped up so much in the last few weeks, its ridiculous. Gonna see what happens if I try to fly into DC and take a train up to Baltimore or something.

With gas prices at the moment (and then considering its the weekend of july 4th)... probably not. Unless you're in a group, driving is never cheaper.

I did the calculations earlier, and for me From Iowa to Chicago (pick up a friend) then from Chicago to Baltimore is around 220-240, and flights are around 200, not getting to the hotel and stuff either. However, if we can get a third to go, it'll be way much better.

Ahh, thats pretty decent... I wish this was later in July/August since I'll be out on the east coast so much then that'd be simple to get to. Fuck.

Hopefully another buddy comes with. Then it'd be even cheaper.

This show will absolutely slay.

I may or may not go to this tbh. No drunken shenanigans involving me though kthx. I'm a sensitive guy.