Borrowing some very nice vintage gear for my EP

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Jan 31, 2010
Cambs, UK
www.numbskullaudio.com
And by that I mean guitar gear, sorry, no fancy outboard comps or anything :lol:

My own personal EP (done under the name "Crowborn", you can follow me on Facebook if you like - http://www.facebook.com/crowbornmetal) is nearly finished being written, and I'm at the stage of doing final guitar DI's.

There are a couple of tracks where I feel the guitars could do with a real stoner/doom vibe (even though it's not that style of music, but some of the riffs definitely have that feel) and would suit that old 70's hard rock tone. One of my friends (guitarist from black metal band Terra) has some amazing vintage guitar gear, and was kind enough to let me borrow some of it

Original 1974 Sunn Model T
DSC_0149.JPG

80's ProCo Rat
DSC_0150.JPG

1980 Silverburst Les Paul Custom
DSC_0153.JPG

Particularly looking forward to kicking that Sunn up the ass with the Rat!

I can see this having a perfect Melvins sound.
Looking forward to hearing it :)

I can see this having a perfect Melvins sound.
Looking forward to hearing it :)
Yeah! Only one of the tracks really needs that soupy sludgy tone, but I'm going to try and use it on another but in a different way. See if I can get an actual usable hard rock tone out of it.

Never heard of that amp before but thow up a clip for us when you have the time. Would love to hear.
It's basically the holy grail stoner/sludge/doom amp of choice. Especially these originals. And ESPECIALLY with a Rat in front.