Bostaph joins Slayer, no one tells Lombardo.

Traxan

Mar 10, 2012
Kerry King continues to be a Grade A douchebag. Bostaph has already quit Slayer twice and his departure from Testament was odd. What was his excuse? An injury? Guess he's healed.

So, how did Dave learn about it?

https://twitter.com/MattxEdwards79/statuses/340272401554235392

So with Bostaph gone, what is Gene's status? He has a restless nature of his own, coming and going from bands.

If Gene decides to leave, I would love nothing more than to see Dave back with Testament. Then maybe we can get 'The Gathering II'.

It's crazy, at least from an outside perspective. To me Slayer's been done for a while and now, without Dave and Jeff, I can't even consider it Slayer anymore, but maybe their hardcore fans will be pleased with what they get.

To be honest Gene's looking pretty stable ... for Gene, or any post-Louie Testament drummer, actually. I hope he stays for good, 'cause he fits the band perfectly, although I wish Dave nothing but the best - and what's better than Testament?

I know,what's Bostaphs deal?! I'll take Gene or Dave in Testament any day over Paul.As far as hard core Slayer fans go.I hear a lot of cries of bullshit.
I would love Gathering 2!

I think Gathering 2 would be a step backwards (even though part 1 was awesome), whereas Testament should be looking to the future and not do the same thing again (unlike Slayer or some other bands that keep trying to rehash their old stuff all ver again). They're sounding great and powerful with Gene, so they shouldn't change the winning team in my opinion.

If, however, he does go one day, then Dave's the best choice. But, let's be honest, he wouldn't stay for long either. Maybe they're doomed to have a permanent rotation behind the kit. If the result is great music and no changes on the other positions, it's fine with me. Perhaps they'll choose someone like Mark Hernandez and try to remain a stable lineup, though. Eric once said he's tired of the drummer changes. I think the other guys are too. Using old friends like Tempesta, Allen, Bostaph, Dette has one advantage - you don't have to teach all the songs each time they join.

Nah,they need another Gathering in their catalog in my opinion.Only with solos. I think Dette would be awesome (if anyone leaves) that guy is a barely controlled explosion. lol

Don't forget, to have a Gathering 2, you need DiGiorgio and his insane bass lines.