Boston USA guitarist avail. for heavy/doom/metal offerings

((d)avesunn(o))

New Metal Member
Jul 22, 2003
Columbus, OH USA
www.myspace.com
Experienced guitarist looking for band or other members to start an original band with an appreciation of heavier doom stoner southern swamp ass boogie.

Influences include: Black Sabbath (and all their bastard children), The Melvins, St. Vitus, The Obsessed, Spirit Caravan, Kyuss, C.O.C., Down, Crowbar, EyeHateGod, Mystik Krewe of Clearlight, High On Fire, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Jethro Tull, Mountain, Alice Cooper Band, Molly Hatchet, James Gang, B.O.C. and Grand Funk.

Venom, Celtic Frost, Tom Waits, and Johnny Cash thrown in there, too.

I am not a VanHalen wanker that wants to spew leads all over your stuff and tell you how musically incorrect it is.

I can write, arrange, and supply riffs on demand...everyone gets input on what we end up with...I tend to work best by just jamming and feeling it out rather than using a structure.

I originally learned to play by jamming in the garage to old Ozzy, Sabbath, and the first 3 Metallica records; and, I threw my theory training out the window a long time ago.

And while I am not opposed to some whiskey-soaked vokills if they have blues and soul, but all-out screaming emo cookiemonster is not necessarily where I want to go. The word heavy to me does not mean play as hard and loud as you possibly can all the time. Get your groove, ride it, and then get loose and freak when it feels right.

What I AM into is big tube amps, big riffs (sometimes painstakingly slow and twisted), and big volume. I have a demo of my last band if you are interested in hearing my playing and writing style.

W.W.S.D.
What Would Sabbath Do?