Doom/Stoner musicians in central California?

MyEyesBleed

Ravenous Dead
Jun 4, 2002
Salinas, California
Visit site
Looking for a guitarist who's into Doom/Stoner Metal to start a band. I have a drummer, on a temporary basis at least, I play bass and sing. Background vocals are a plus. Anyway, a strong heavy metal, blues and jam influence would be ideal. I'm not necessarily looking to copy any specific band, but I have an idea of what kind of sound I'd like and I figure it will take off in it's own direction depending on the people who are in it. Some similar sounding bands that I'm into are:

Black Sabbath
Sleep
Clutch
Acid Bath
Orange Goblin
High On Fire
Kyuss

that should give you an idea. I have a practice space with guitar gear if necessary. If you're into the idea and you wanna jam email me

coreyyoung86@hotmail.com

Good luck brother, I'm into Doom myself and those bands are great to be influenced by. I wish I were out there 'cause I sing, play guitar (18yrs and I'm not that old), and I've got some decent lyrics. oh, well, I'll just try here in NC for a little bit and maybe get fed up with these wankstas and move to Cali.

Yeah...It's pretty hard to start a metal band around here. Damn near impossible if you're in a somewhat narrow sub-genre like Doom, Grindcore, etc. Pretty ironic considering I'm between Monterey, home of Cold Mourning...and San Jose, home of Sleep.

The search continues. Until then I'm in my practice room demoing tracks.