doom metal/stoner rock

WOW! This is awesome, I didnt know you guys where into this shit! Ima definitely check out these bands. Anything with Wino in it is amazing btw. That man fucking rocks.
The Mushroom River band is also pretty cool, although I think they only did one album. Spiritual Beggars (where Per played, I believe) is pretty cool as well, although I dont think they are that stoner. But anyways, thanks for all the suggestions:headbang:

Dopethrone is electric wizard
Dopesmoker is sleep and their worst album.

Volume One >>>>>>>>

ttytt volume one really doesn't hold a candle to holy mountain iyam. dopesmoker is a very specific album that you have to be in the right mindset for but pike rips on the solos throughout.

Giant Squid is sometimes referred to as stoner rock, along with post-rock, post-metal, and indie. I can not recommend their new album "The Ichthyologist" enough; I know it's only February but this might end up being my album of the year.

Fo' sho'. Don't know if they necessarily qualitfy for this thread but they are definitely awesome.

WOW! This is awesome, I didnt know you guys where into this shit! Ima definitely check out these bands. Anything with Wino in it is amazing btw. That man fucking rocks.
The Mushroom River band is also pretty cool, although I think they only did one album. Spiritual Beggars (where Per played, I believe) is pretty cool as well, although I dont think they are that stoner. But anyways, thanks for all the suggestions:headbang:

Yes, Per played with Spiritual Beggars. Mushroom River Band is cool too! Stoner metal actually got huge in a sort of underground sense, where as there are about as many shitty bands as there are good ones. But there's only so much that can be done with this style of music. I guess it's like any other genre of music (like blazing some mad spleef!!). Me likes though...

Spiritu, Acid King, Solace are few more....

Well anyone starting a stoner band now missed the boat by a good 2 decades and a little more than totally redundant considering stoner rock/metal prides itself on being retroactive.

Well anyone starting a stoner band now missed the boat by a good 2 decades and a little more than totally redundant considering stoner rock/metal prides itself on being retroactive.

Missed the boat? Who gives a shit? Groovy stoner shit is awesome in any decade! Trend waves are for trendy people, and those who apply that to music do not appreciate music for what it really is.

high on fire really isn't either one of these according to the last two albums. sludgeish, maybe - but not stoner or doom by any means really, as pike's certainly progressed passed that since his days in sleep.

Saw Skepticism and Esoteric live last week. It was absolutely the best metal gig I've ever been to! :kickass:

Both bands were much better live than they're on CD. I suggest if you get a chance to see either of the bands you do that and be ready to get STONED.

I felt I was dying while in the crowd, then I realized that's the idea of FUNERAL DOOM!

I'll add the videos I shot here too after I've uploaded them to youtube.

Skepticism
[youtube]EDFFisAObg4&fmt=18[/youtube]

Esoteric
[youtube]viH66m-6rS0&fmt=18[/youtube]

Saw Skepticism and Esoteric live last week. It was absolutely the best metal gig I've ever been to! :kickass:

Both bands were much better live than they're on CD. I suggest if you get a chance to see either of the bands you do that and be ready to get STONED.

I felt I was dying while in the crowd, then I realized that's the idea of FUNERAL DOOM!

I'll add the videos I shot here too after I've uploaded them to youtube.

Skepticism
[youtube]EDFFisAObg4&fmt=18[/youtube]

Esoteric
[youtube]viH66m-6rS0&fmt=18[/youtube]

I'm fuckin' envious,man. I know you had an awesome time.:kickass: Every one here needs to listen to Mournful Congregation. One of the absolute best funeral/extreme/doom bands working today.