doom metal/stoner rock

Trend waves are for trendy people, and those who apply that to music do not appreciate music for what it really is.

Well, you manage to sum up exactly what I was saying. Now there are a bunch of bands interpreting a very narrow range of what stoner/doom was when the first wave of it hit, and as such have about one tenth of interest as so many bands have already done it and done it far better. Name one of today's stoner/doom bands that are anywhere near as great and influential as Sleep or Trouble or St. Vitus.

Well, you manage to sum up exactly what I was saying. Now there are a bunch of bands interpreting a very narrow range of what stoner/doom was when the first wave of it hit, and as such have about one tenth of interest as so many bands have already done it and done it far better. Name one of today's stoner/doom bands that are anywhere near as great and influential as Sleep or Trouble or St. Vitus.

i think you just described every genre that was started since the invention of the radio.