Boston

Djöfull

Jan 27, 2002
Iceland
Uhm... I´m going to the US on november 1-6. Does anyone know of a good gig there and metalstores? The only thing I know is that Hanson are playing *cough* and I didnt find anything at metaltravelguide.com

What do you know to know about Boston? It's my city...

I can tell you that you chose one of the best cities in the country to visit. Much better than New York City, Boston still retains the charm and feel of the fascinating history that preceeded it.

On Newburry street, up at the north end you'll find NewBurry comics. It's an underground music store that specializes in all kinds of, obviously, underground genres of music and the metal selection is pretty massive. There are a few stores in Boston, but the NewBurry comics on NewBurry st. is the best. Gigs, I have no idea as I am currently in London, but like Wolftribe said a day or two earlier you can see Nevermore and Opeth. I thought the Worcester show was November 16th and there might be another one in the Boston area as well...Good luck to you.

Devy_Metal said:
What do you know to know about Boston? It's my city...

I can tell you that you chose one of the best cities in the country to visit. Much better than New York City, Boston still retains the charm and feel of the fascinating history that preceeded it.

On Newburry street, up at the north end you'll find NewBurry comics. It's an underground music store that specializes in all kinds of, obviously, underground genres of music and the metal selection is pretty massive. There are a few stores in Boston, but the NewBurry comics on NewBurry st. is the best. Gigs, I have no idea as I am currently in London, but like Wolftribe said a day or two earlier you can see Nevermore and Opeth. I thought the Worcester show was November 16th and there might be another one in the Boston area as well...Good luck to you.
newburry comics an underground music store? hahahaha dude thats New England chain thats not really unlike any other chain record store.

Or you could make a road trip to New York City and see Opeth and Nevermore there, and spend a day in the better city.

Djöfull said:
Uhm... I´m going to the US on november 1-6. Does anyone know of a good gig there and metalstores? The only thing I know is that Hanson are playing *cough* and I didnt find anything at metaltravelguide.com
you could go to Saratoga Winners in Albany. Boston isnt that far away. Its on November 2nd. check ticketmaster

Newbury Comics may be a chain but it still has the best selection I've ever seen. I've never gone in there looking for a cd and not found it. It beats the shit out of the Virgin Megastore down the street. Check out Nuggets in Kenmore Square, its a pretty cool used cd store, sometimes you can find some cool stuff.

JohnThrax said:
you could go to Saratoga Winners in Albany. Boston isnt that far away. Its on November 2nd. check ticketmaster

Isn't it problematic going there with public transport? Maybe I´ll try to find a tourist info.. :err: And then I'd have to catch a nightbus on the way back to Boston. According to Googlemaps it's 174 km and 3 hrs. and 10 min. from Boston. The accuracy of that is disputable...

Djöfull said:
Isn't it problematic going there with public transport? Maybe I´ll try to find a tourist info.. :err: And then I'd have to catch a nightbus on the way back to Boston. According to Googlemaps it's 174 km and 3 hrs. and 10 min. from Boston. The accuracy of that is disputable...
THe have greyhound buses im sure, and they are comfortable as hell. You could take a cab to Saratoga, and stay in a hotel in Albany for the night.

just some suggestions

Wolftribe said:
newburry comics an underground music store? hahahaha dude thats New England chain thats not really unlike any other chain record store.

are you fucking kidding me? you think you can walk into strawberry's or record town and find half the stuff that nc's stocks? newburry comics IS an underground record store. even if they have some mainstream music it's still primarily devoted to the underground.

The Yngster said:
Newbury Comics may be a chain but it still has the best selection I've ever seen. I've never gone in there looking for a cd and not found it. It beats the shit out of the Virgin Megastore down the street. Check out Nuggets in Kenmore Square, its a pretty cool used cd store, sometimes you can find some cool stuff.

Nuggets has some good stuff. Forgot about that.