Bought my first pipe today

lol! Yes, he owned one but he only really used one of them. that was His plain wooden pipe. He had hand carved pipes, antique ivory pipes you name it. He always said his collection was not complete without the corn cob. hahha!

If he were still alive he would offer you a Bourbon, and talk with you for hours, just because you fancy your new pipe! I'm not kidding, He would fill you in on everything about it.

Your grandpa sounded really nice! I would've loved to have met him!

Check these guys out, right here in the Seattle/Ballard area:
http://www.kirstenpipe.com
I've heard they are nice (cooool) pipes and I got to know the people there. Nice family business, and the founder was quite the inventor.

Wow, those are some nice pipes!!! Mine's just a simple bent pipe like this...

Bent_pipe.gif

I was thinking about getting one like Ted in Red Meat, but my grandfather had one of them and it wasn't very ergonomic. I wanted something comfortable in my hands and wouldn't fly up and down every time I moved my jaw.

Your grandpa sounded really nice! I would've loved to have met him!

I wish I knew what the style of pipe he had was called. It was the only one he smoked from. It looks simular to yours. Not terribly bent, with a plain wooden bowl.

He would just give it a tap, and stick it right in his shirt pocket. This would get tobacco boogers all over the floor, and piss my Grandma off. :lol:

You're not supposed to inhale pipes and cigars. Some people do, but that's just craziness.

Pipe tobacco actually tastes very good and a little sweet, especially the aromatics. I dislike cigars, however.

Try it and see if you like it. Just get some $5 corncob pipe (which are very good, btw), the tobacco I recommended and try it out. Just don't inhale that shit. Pipes are for the simple pleasure and aroma of smoking, not inhaling.