Bought my first pipe today

Dead Winter

STAHP
Apr 30, 2002
Italy/US
What a wonderful pastime! If I had known pipe smoking would have been this enjoyable, I would've started long ago (enter blow job joke....NOW). My first two tobaccos:

Rattray's Terry Red - It has a slight hint of vanilla, and although enjoyable, I find it a bit too sweet for my liking.

Sunday's Fantasy - A nice tobacco, a bit more robust than Rattray's but very pleasant tasting and smelling smoke.

Anyone else smoke pipes (hash pipes don't count, Shpongled, :loco:)? If so, do you have any more advice for tobaccos/pipes?

I would love to get back into smoking pipe tobacco, but for the past few years i have enjoyed smoking hookah. I like to mix my Shisha and create different flavors, plum goes well with just about anything other then mint. I have a 4 hosed hookah that i got when i was at school in Las Vegas. Anyone here enjoy hookah?

but anyway i would like to get back into smoking pipe tobacco. I use to have this nice native hand-made piece pipe. The base was made out of wood with carved designs and the end was a seperate piece that was made out of clay. I miss that pipe :(

My Grandpa used to smoke a pipe. He quit smoking cigarettes when he started to smoke with a pipe, because he liked it so much better. He had a huge and unusual pipe collection. I wish I had pics of them to show you. His favorite was this really weird carved pipe that kind of looked like the Gordon's fisherman. He would only smoke Captain Black tobacco. Probably the cheap stuff, but he was set on this brand.

My Grandpa used to smoke a pipe. He quit smoking cigarettes when he started to smoke with a pipe, because he liked it so much better. He had a huge and unusual pipe collection. I wish I had pics of them to show you. His favorite was this really weird carved pipe that kind of looked like the Gordon's fisherman. He would only smoke Captain Black tobacco. Probably the cheap stuff, but he was set on this brand.

My wife got it for me for an early b-day present, since on my 30th I plan on quitting smoking. It will be a cinch because smoking a pipe is infinitely more satisfying.

The only downside is that it attracts bugs due to the sweet smell.

Did he have a corncob pipe?

lol! Yes, he owned one but he only really used one of them. that was His plain wooden pipe. He had hand carved pipes, antique ivory pipes you name it. He always said his collection was not complete without the corn cob. hahha!

My wife got it for me for an early b-day present, since on my 30th I plan on quitting smoking. It will be a cinch because smoking a pipe is infinitely more satisfying.

The only downside is that it attracts bugs due to the sweet smell.

If he were still alive he would offer you a Bourbon, and talk with you for hours, just because you fancy your new pipe! I'm not kidding, He would fill you in on everything about it.

What a wonderful pastime! If I had known pipe smoking would have been this enjoyable, I would've started long ago (enter blow job joke....NOW). My first two tobaccos:

Rattray's Terry Red - It has a slight hint of vanilla, and although enjoyable, I find it a bit too sweet for my liking.

Sunday's Fantasy - A nice tobacco, a bit more robust than Rattray's but very pleasant tasting and smelling smoke.

Anyone else smoke pipes (hash pipes don't count, Shpongled, :loco:)? If so, do you have any more advice for tobaccos/pipes?

Check these guys out, right here in the Seattle/Ballard area:
http://www.kirstenpipe.com
I've heard they are nice (cooool) pipes and I got to know the people there. Nice family business, and the founder was quite the inventor.

smoked it once when i was still in pittsburgh, in this place that used to be an old church but got turned into an egyptian hookah lounge where we had poetry readings

smoked it a few times since i got back here with a friend of mine. we were gonna go to a hookah lounge last night but it was too expensive

smoked it once when i was still in pittsburgh, in this place that used to be an old church but got turned into an egyptian hookah lounge where we had poetry readings

smoked it a few times since i got back here with a friend of mine. we were gonna go to a hookah lounge last night but it was too expensive

I know how expensive it can get, but its sooo much cheaper to get your own, even one of those very small ones.