athens, georgia
gentle giant-three friends

nektar-remember the future

genesis-selling england by the pound

elp-trilogy

kansas-the point of know return

anybody have any opinions on those? also i almost got some DON CABALLERO

anybody heard of them?? got all these at record stores in DT athens \m/

That's a great list. All of those have been favourites of mine for years.
I've even bought all of them on CD, to replace the vinyl copies, except for the KANSAS album.

Yeah that is a great crop of albums. Trilogy was a bit of a letdown for me. Its just good, has some catchy songs with good slides, and their sound is so distinctive and nerdy:p. But I expect prog records to amaze me and only the title track on that record did.

Selling England by the Pound...man savour that record. Its quite a piece of work though the vocals are slightly odd sometimes. It has a lot of king crimson influence in it (phil collins drumming i thought especially at times). Firth of Fifth has such a good lick in it, and More Fool Me showcases the future of Genesis (under phil collins). I have an urge to listen to More Fool Me by itself, but its so simple that you can quickly overlisten it and it loses its place on the record.

Mr. Josey Wales said:
gentle giant-three friends

nektar-remember the future

genesis-selling england by the pound

elp-trilogy

kansas-the point of know return

anybody have any opinions on those? also i almost got some DON CABALLERO

anybody heard of them?? got all these at record stores in DT athens \m/

selling england and three friends are great. firth of fifth is one of the greatest prog songs ever.

I had no idea that kansas were considered progressive rock. All i can think of when i think about kansas is will ferrell singing at a funeral.

good choices. probably nektar's best release. an often overlooked classic. get tab in the ocean next if you dont already have it. if you did kansas, yes and genesis, etc....check out "england - garden shed". i think youll be pleasantly surprised.

no, still havent gotten one. i listened to them all on my dad's turntable last night. it was awesome!

lol on that nektar album, i just randomly saw it, and vaguely remembered that it might be prog...impulse buy. i really liked the gentle giant stuff..oh and caravan blind dog at st. dunstans has really grown on me! its like poppy prog. chiefs and indians is incredible.

still looking for a setup of my own...i will have one soon hopefully. until then i guess i'll just use my dad's. plus he has all of bob dylan on vinyl...good stuff.

A bit of Caravan Trivia for you...

"St Dunstans" is a charity set up to assist war victims who lost their sight. :(

If your a hands on sort of person, you can't go wrong with an old Thorens turntable, they last forever.

I cut my teeth on them, far better than a lot of new one's even today below £200 ukp

Enjoy the record hunting and tell us what you find next. :)

BR

dcat