70's Prog Rock

^ Well, Kansas aren't an essential prog band. Mostly derivative of Yes with a touch of blues and metal. They are often highly overrated by Americans like myself who don't care who was ripped off. :D

now i'm listening a lot of camel
i like bands like uriah heep, pink floyd, kayak and other stuff
roger waters will come to my country in march.. the bad thing is the price, his show is so expensive but if he is roger waters i have to go to see him

I have been rediscovering the Gentle Giant - selftitled and also been enjoying the first Van der Graaf Generator album (The Aerosol Grey Machine) a lot lately.

Also Sahara by Grobschnitt is a very funny song.

Listen to Galadriel the other day again, haven't had it in my mind for some time now, it's cool.

"Chasing the dragonfly"

mr V

The first time I listened to Yes was when I was on a little boat going up a river, awesome stuff. :lol:

The lasts months i mostly listened to “Gentle Giant” (got the albums „Octopus“ and „Acquiring the Taste“) and “Van der Graaf Generator” (got “The least we can do is wave to each other”, now my favourite VdGG album) for my progrock needs.

I have also been obsessed with “Emerson, Lake & Palmer” (s/t, Tarkus, Karn Evil 9) for the last days, while reading the excellent “Endless Enigma: A Musical Biography of Emerson, Lake and Palmer“ by Edward Macan (who also wrote a great book about english progrock in general called "Rocking the Classics: English Progressive Rock and the Counterculture").

hummm...
no one like Rick Wakeman?? :cry:

BTW, if you are interste to..
liste the song
"Sir Lancelot and the Black Knight"
This is a great song from a great album called

"The Myths and Legends of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table"

Try "The Six Wives of Henry VIII"
Pretty good instrumental album.

I for one haven't heard any Rick Wakeman solo material yet. I will check out the songs/albums you suggested.

BTW, if you are interste to..
liste the song
"Sir Lancelot and the Black Knight"
This is a great song from a great album called

"The Myths and Legends of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table"

I have that album. It's alright, nothing special.

A very underrated prog classic and for no reason in the shadow of Thick As A Brick is Jethro Tull's A Passion Play. By far the prog masterpiece in my opinion, shortly followed by early King Crimson and Yes' Close To The Edge.

There are some good scandinavian Prog Bands like Anekdoten, Anglagard or Isildurs Bane too. And of course there is the retroprog-stuff like The Flower Kings, which I enjoy a lot. People should really stop bashing Roine Stolt for just doing what he enjoys the most! ;)