Boxed Set, The Island Years

Never heard about this that I can recall. If someone has this, I'd like to know how it sounds.

It looks like a import, but still worth owning for all the re-masters. Wonder why there was no big press release. I wonder if the DVD they were going to release is still happening?

I think it would be worth it for the bonus tracks alone. I've never heard about Who Put This Together, what is it?

It was a b side circa POT. Hilarious mix of Thrax tunes. Haven't heard it in years but if I remember right it used the NFL main intro riff as the main track and then a bunch of other riffs and beats and stuff edited in. Very cool and worth checking out.

I guess they are not remastered. I think I read in the comments on one of the sites that they were. I think only Among is. They really need to do a release of these albums remastered.

Got it today. STD sounds terrible as usual. (No Low End) ATL is the Deluxe Remasterd version and sounds alot better, but still a little muddy in some areas. SOE Sounds about the same. But POT Sounds a little better than my First pressing. Seems as if everything was brought up in the mix. I got it for $10.57 shipped, so it was very worth it since I did not have the ATL Deluxe Edition.

Sounds like a deal, but I will still probably not get it. I really wish I could get STD remastered. I know everyone considers ATL a classic, ( it is, not trying to start a war) but I have always liked STD better. Only song I don't care for much is Medusa. Total cheese...

Medusa is a top 3 song on STD for me. I always have to sing along with the gang parts! The best part about that is that to this day I have no idea what they're saying on one of them, but I just scream something like "goya"! :lol:

It was a b side circa POT. Hilarious mix of Thrax tunes. Haven't heard it in years but if I remember right it used the NFL main intro riff as the main track and then a bunch of other riffs and beats and stuff edited in. Very cool and worth checking out.

I was sleeping or was in a twilight zoneo_Oo_O.....but I never heard someone talking about this one!!!!!!

But it's well listed since 2006 on the JACOWBOY's "ultimate list":

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/anthrax/230644-anthrax-b-sides-others-list-save-time.html

funny song however! :kickass:

It's a great set, but there are some bad typos in the Malcolm Dome penned Essay. E.g; 'In 1991 they recorded the landmark song 'I'm The Man' with Public Enemy'.