BRAINSTORM To Release 'Memorial Roots' In October

DREAMASTER

Iron In The Soul
Apr 1, 2002
PORTUGAL
www.metal-rules.com
German melodic metallers BRAINSTORM have set "Memorial Roots" as the title of their new album, due in October via the band's new label, AFM Records. 15 songs were recorded for the CD, which is currently being mixed at the Gate Studio in Wolfsburg, Germany under the watchful eye of Sascha Paeth and Miro as producers. So far only one new songtitle has been revealed — "Forsake What I Believed", which frontman Andy B. Franck callas "a headcrusher."

BRAINSTORM's latest album, "Downburst", registered the following first-week chart positions: Hungary: #15; Germany: #53; Switzerland: #96.

Why isn't this news on the band front page website ?

I don't know who sent out this news (band or AFM probably), I haven't seen it before, nobody sent it to me, so therefore I couldn't have posted it on the site... :rolleyes::heh:
Most of it was in the last update, but I see they now have determined the title and are already mixing the cd, cool!:kickass:

oops I forgot to say that yesterday... we are having some server problems right now. It had crashed and the owner has reinstalled everything, or so he said... but PHP isn't working and it's f***ing up the site. I'm trying to reach him but no luck yet :/ Bear with me....

I am eagerly looking forward to see some Preview songs of this album!

Thanks for the News Dreamaster!

br

I love the cover!

brainstorm_cover.jpg

I love the totem poles! It's quite different from the others again, very nice.

I managed to temporarily fix the site, moved it to my own webaccount and used frames to have the address still on truemetal.org.

I like the cover.

But 15 tracks ?!

Tracklist:

01. Shiver
02. Nailed Down Dreams
03. Greed Of Gain
04. Cross The Line
05. Forsake What I Believe
06. Honesty
07. The Final Stages Of Decay
08. Seems To Be Perfect
09. Victim To A World
10. Too Late To Deny
11. The Conjunction Of 7 Planets
12. Nothing
13. Would You...
14. Ahimsa
15. Blood Still Stains

I mean, ins't that a lot. Most studio albums that I have with more than 12 songs tend to fail a bit. Just think, if yoiu have a 12 song album, at least half of the songs have to be good to be considered a decent album. With 15 it have to be more. For me the maximum would be 12 songs.

Unless some of the songs on the new album are intros or interludes, I think it is too much.

Unless a couple of those are actually short interludes...but hey, the more the merrier. BTW, is that the actual tracklist? Usually when an artist says that X number of songs were recorded for an album, you can count on a couple of those being used as Jap bonus or B-side tracks.

Nice Cover.

Could have been made for MCMXCVIII :)

Already added a calendar event to not forget the release. Was Oct. 16th correct? I remember Andy said this yesterday on the Rock Area Festival.

cheers
Sebastian

Here is the full news :

Due on October 16 via the band's new label, AFM Records, the CD was mixed at the Gate Studio in Wolfsburg, Germany under the watchful eye of Sascha Paeth and Miro as producers. 15 songs were recorded for the album, including "Forsake What I Believed", which frontman Andy B. Franck calls "a headcrusher."

"Memorial Roots" tentative track listing:

01. Shiver
02. Nailed Down Dreams
03. Greed Of Gain
04. Cross The Line
05. Forsake What I Believe
06. Honesty
07. The Final Stages Of Decay
08. Seems To Be Perfect
09. Victim To A World
10. Too Late To Deny
11. The Conjunction Of 7 Planets
12. Nothing
13. Would You...
14. Ahimsa
15. Blood Still Stains

BRAINSTORM's latest album, "Downburst", registered the following first-week chart positions: Hungary: #15; Germany: #53; Switzerland: #96.

Metal Blade in June 2007 released the first-ever BRAINSTORM DVD, "Honey from the B's (Beasting around the Bush)". The box set was released in digipack format "with special metal effect." The disc entered the Hungarian Music DVD chart at position No. 18.

25.08.2009 · MEMORIAL ROOTS COVER, PIC, TRACKLIST...AND TOURSTART!

Right on METALHEADS!!!! It's time... as some of you may have seen... we have finally released the cover of our upcoming album "MEMORIAL ROOTS" (out Oct.16th, 2009)! We think... these are by far the best songs we've ever written and recorded! It's just awesome to see how much energy and passion every single member has and be sure, that this album will ROCK your stereo! So here's the first quick shot and the final tracklist for the regular version of "Memorial Roots"!

So stay tuned for MORE News around the album and the band...as well as for our upcoming tour! The "Memorial Roots World Tour 2009 / 2010" will kick of in Atlanta / USA and brings us near your hometown... for sure! Check out the dates and join us on our co-headliner tour together with our friends in PRIMAL FEAR! See ya... and SPEAK SCHWÄBISCH OR DIE!!!!

"Memorial Roots"
01 - Forsake What I Believed
02 - Shiver
03 - The Conjunction Of 7 Planets
04 - Cross The Line
05 - Nailed Down Dreams
06 - Blood Still Stains
07 - Ahimsa
08 - The Final Stages Of Decay
09 - Victim
10 - When No One Cares
11 - Would You

Andy
-BRAINSTORM-

news_250808_brainstorm.jpg

Here's the info for the european limited edition digipak:
1. Forsake What I Believed
2. Shiver
3. The Conjunction Of 7 Planets
4. Cross The Line
5. Nailed Down Dreams
6. Blood Still Stains
7. Ahimsa
8. The Final Stages Of Decay
9. Victim
10. When No One Cares
11. Would You
12. Seems To Be Perfect (Bonus Track)
13. Too Late To Deny (Bonus Track)

They started there setlist with a new song Forsake What I Believed. Im looking forward to there new album but i dont think it going a be of one there best.:)

I have video i recorded & i will try and post it on youtube later

and put the link up on here:kickass: