20.11.2007 · BRAINSTORM TO RELEASE "DOWNBURST"!

Marlies

veteran headbanger \m/
Jan 3, 2002
Regina, SK, Canada
www.wobben.org
Hi Brainiacs,

time to reveal the coverartwork of our new CD.
"Downburst" will be released 25th of January in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Italy, on the 28th of January in the rest of Europe. The North and South America as well as Japan and South-East Asia release dates will be added soon, so be patient some more days.
See the whole news below and stay tuned, great news on the tour and our new man on the bass are already in the pipeline.

All systems GO!!!

Todde & Brainstorm

METAL BLADE PRESS RELEASE

news_201107_brainstorm.jpg

BRAINSTORM to release "Downburst"!

Highly successful German metallers BRAINSTORM are back with a bang! After celebrating "Ten Years Of BRAINSTORM" with the re-releases of their first two efforts ("Hungry" & "Unholy") and the release of their first ever 2-DVD set "Honey From The B's", BRAINSTORM are launching another powerful rocket: "Downburst" is ready to strike and BRAINSTORM are back stronger than ever before, with songs that range from fast, hard and double-kick-driven bastards to epic soundscapes to melodic metal hymns!

Being perfectly brought into shape by producing team Sascha Paeth and Miro, "Downburst" is ready to strike every nerve of the listener with its variety and pounding heaviness!

"Downburst" will be released as a regular jewelcase as well as in a limited edition jakebox (100% plastic-free) including 2 bonus tracks!

down500.jpg

Tracklist:

01. Falling Spiral Down
02. Fire Walk With Me
03. Stained With Sin
04. Redemption In Your Eyes
05. End In Sorrow
06. How Do You Feel
07. Protect Me From Myself
08. Surrounding Walls
09. Frozen
10. All Alone
-----------------------
Bonustracks Limited Version Europa
11. Crawling In Chains (Bonus)
12. Hold Tight (exclusive Europe-Bonustrack)

The album will be unleashed on January 25th (G/A/CH/I) | January 28th (Europe) through Metal Blade Records.

click here for high resolution band pictures!

Sorry to say but i don't like that "free plastic" case and the lim.ed. is just 2 bonus tracks?! What hapened to bonus dvd's or bonus cd's?!
Sorry to say but I'll not buy it. I was expectinga better package and a better album cover.

Now i'll just have to wait that the music inside will rule.

yeah, the extras aren't much this time and the album cover looks weird too but i am still wicked excited for the album! i can't really wair anymore. ^^
probably when the lim. edition isn't much more expensive than the basic then i will buy it.

Let's say it's not really the album cover I expected, it's different, but compared with a cover like "Liquid Monster", it's nothing.

But it's the music that is most important, and i'll surely buy the jewelcase as always.

It's a pretty different cover than what we're used to from BS, esp. the white and blood background that may seem a bit more minimalistic, but the artwork of the logo and the man are very detailed and extremely well done! Now I must start thinking about how to translate that to a new website layout :)

I'm very curious about the music too, haven't heard it yet. But I wouldn't let packaging or bonuses (or lack of) decide whether I buy it or not (ok in this case I don't have to buy it, but still...), what else do you want to do? Download and burn and give the artist nothing? I'm no saint, but when it comes to my metal I will in almost all cases buy what I want to have/listen to (at least now that I can afford it, back in the 80's when I was a teenager I couldn't of course). And I'm very curious about that jakebox (actually I had to google to find out what it was), I've never seen one before (btw, it's plastic-free, not free plastic :p)!

well i didn't even think about that jakebox. i thought it is a normal case and then i googled it too and it looks really weird to me. hopefully the cd doesn't get scrapped or something. who also wants to know what it is, here a link: http://www.jakebox.com/
and yeah the music is the most important thing and when i look at the cover-artwork then the music could be a bit more oriental or something. maybe the cover has to do something with the music...
and the last point is that i think when you don't know brainstorm and see it in a shop then this person doesn't really know that this could be a metal band because of the white background. but all in all the cover looks kind of nice even though there is so mich white.

yeah i expected anything else than this. But i think its not too bad. The liquid monster cover was - dunno how to describe - a kind of relief (in the limited, very cool edition, not the "no-free-plastic-box" *haha* :p).
I'm looking forward to buy the limited - but i hope the next album will be with dvd in the limited edition again (or some more bonuses, i think there might be still unreleased stuff or footage...)

kr
sebastian :)

I really like this cover...!

1. It has an oriental aspect (you already mentioned that). And I love oriental aspects...if they are even implaced in the music - then I´m satisfied till march 2008.

2. The cover isn´t that much "playmobil"-like as on Liquid Monster. The cover was good, but it was a bit over the edge at all, in my opinion...too much fantasy-style. Great for Blind Guardian & friends, but not so much for our guys ;)

Concerning the Bonus stuff, especially the DVD requests: folks, I want you to remember one thing. There has been a double-DVD release not long ago. And I hope you all bought it...
So, what do you want to see on another Bonus DVD? Another Show of 2004, 2005, 2006 etc.? The whole thing again..?
Yes, there are some more shows that might have been recorded, and yes it might be nice to see them. But, to be honest, even this thing gets boring at a certain point. The Honey-DVD set is an ultimate statement to show the power of Brainstorm to the world, there´s no need to qualify this by another DVD release.

And, it has to be said as well: this things cost money. Surprise!
I´m sure the label gave a certain amount to produce the package, but this doesn´t mean they have to splash out Bonus DVDs with every release on us.

So just relax, and wait for the music itself...at least that´s the only thing that counts.

I like the cover artwork very much. It looks like one of those cool comic book covers that Marvel and DC Comics have put out throughout the last couple of years. Way better IMHO than the cheesy Liquid Monster painting. And I'm quite happy with two bonus tracks for Europe. There's no way I'm not going to buy this album.

mh, do i understand that right?`you like the cover and you are happy with two bonustracks... and you are not buying the album when it will be released?

I love it too! The songs are still growing on me, I'm not listening to it non stop, mainly because we don't have any half-way decent stereo at the moment :erm:
But I love that it's more versatile again, more epic, a bit different somehow without being less Brainstorm!

Hmm, more epic? Does it mean "more flower power" (poppy) as it does to many other bands?

Gamma Ray said their 2nd part of Land of the Free is epic and bla bla bla, it turned out the band has gone flower power and sounding like Freedom Call.

I want my BRAINSTORM heavy and raw heavy metal. I hope "Downburst" will deliver that.

Hmm, more epic? Does it mean "more flower power" (poppy) as it does to many other bands?

Gamma Ray said their 2nd part of Land of the Free is epic and bla bla bla, it turned out the band has gone flower power and sounding like Freedom Call.

I want my BRAINSTORM heavy and raw heavy metal. I hope "Downburst" will deliver that.

I don't think it is epic but more straight forward, bringing back some of their roots, lots of riffs speed and a bit of agressiveness.