16.01.2008 · DOWNBURST RELEASE THIS MONTH

Marlies

veteran headbanger \m/
Jan 3, 2002
Regina, SK, Canada
www.wobben.org
Hi Brainiacs,

thrilling times ahead, we are short before the release of the new Brainstorm album "Downburst". To give you an overview about the release dates worldwide, here you go:

North America 22nd of January 2008
Japan 23rd of January 2008
Europe 25th & 28th of January 2008

“Downburst” is already getting amazing reviews everywhere (9 out of 10 points in the German Rock Hard - Soundcheck # 3, …), album of the month in several upcoming magazines and so on. Thanks a lot for that!

We will also have - for the first time ever - a strictly limited picture LP (vinyl) available, how cool is that? So watch out for your favourite edition - your choice now.

We are also very looking forward to the upcoming European tour which will start March 4th. Check the dates again for your viewing pleasure, we would love to see as many of you again on the road.

ROCK HARD & Metal.de & Metalnews.de present

04.03.08 Tue DK Copenhagen @ The Rock
05.03.08 Wed DE Hamburg @ Markthalle
06.03.08 Thu DE Osnabrück @ Bastard Club
07.03.08 Fri NL Weert @ De Bosuil
08.03.08 Sat DE Memmingen @ Kaminwerk
09.03.08 Sun DE Saarbrücken @ Garage
11.03.08 Tue CH Pratteln @ Z7
12.03.08 Wed DE Ludwigsburg @ Rockfabrik
14.03.08 Fri FR Mulhouse @ Noumatrouff
15.03.08 Sat BE Vosselaar @ Biebob
16.03.08 Sun DE Langen @ Stadthalle
18.03.08 Tue DE Bochum @ Zeche
19.03.08 Wed DE Nürnberg @ Hirsch
20.03.08 Thu AT Wörgl @ Komma
21.03.08 Fri AT Wien @ Szene
22.03.08 Sat HU Budapest @ Avalon Club

Ok, that’s all for now, more news next week when we will have some more interesting news available.

Rock Hard, ride free and God bless you all!

Todde

Unfortunately the album cover is the weakest of all BS albums imo. It would have been great to have the lp pic disc. of ST, MM or even LM.

Still waiting for the new album. Their trademarks are back again. Can't wait.

Seeing ppl here TOP 5 of each BS album, it would be interesting what songs the guys will play in the next tour.

wow, i think it is interesting that the release is earlier in north america than in europe. usually the records are realeased in north america 1 month later than here.

I just heard the album...damn good stuff! I really dig the added keyboard presence...nothing overwhelming, just adds the perfect textures and reinforcements, great job guys! I'm gonna pick up the ltd.ed. for sure...that jakebox format looks interesting...anyone seen one of these before?

BrainstormDownburstSig.jpg

BTW, I was inspired to create a Downburst sig...anyone is welcome to use it to help promote the band :kickass: And Marlies, nice job on the site...looks badass :) Is a forum makeover on its way?

thanks for the compliment! and let me return that to you for your killer sig! :D

I still have to re-do the myspace and email Deron for this forum, I hope to find some time for that this week. I'm about to emigrate to Canada next month (from Holland), so we're a bit busy with other stuff at the moment ;)

Just got my copy this evening from UPS and giving it a late listen tonight. So far, I'm liking what I'm hearing. Sounds like the band has gotten back to more of the basics with a bit of added keyboard elements...which is a good thing.

After the somewhat disappointing Liquid Monster album, I think this one is a far more solid effort. Not a single weak track on the album.

Although I'm a bit surprised at the rather limited number of tracks, 10, and rather average song run times at nothing over 5 minutes. No long epics.

Oh, and Marlies, why would you emigrate to Canada and not the US? Don't wanna try your fate with good ol' Capitalism?

hmmm the main reason to move to Canada was an instant deep rooted feeling of belonging upon my first visit - the people are so friendly, the space, the clear air... which I could probably find in many places in the US as well - had I ever been there (my hubby has, but although he liked it, he never felt he needed to move either until now to Canada). Still I've always favored CA over the US, but I don't have good arguments, more a feeling... partly based on politics, the way the nations behave in the rest of the world and how their social securities are, stuff like that and a lot more :loco:

Listened through the album once now, and I must say that some songs are really awesome. I can feel that there's a little too much keyboard here and there, but the album feels more even and also better than Liquid Monster.

I was also impressed with "Fire Walk With Me", thought it would be another mainstream, poppish single like "All Those Words". Gladly, I was wrong. Heavy song with a really cool chorus, sweet :headbang: After one listen, "Falling Spiral Down" still stands as biggest favourite though =)

hmmm the main reason to move to Canada was an instant deep rooted feeling of belonging upon my first visit - the people are so friendly, the space,

Well yeah...if there's one thing Canada has, it's space...but considering that 80% of Canadians live within a 100 miles of the US border, there's a lot of space above them.

the clear air

The US has clear air as well, ironically it's in the southwestern deserts and in the mountain states, in both the Rocky Mountain and Appalacian Mountain ranges. But mostly in the Rockey Mountain areas as the air there is much less humid than in the other parts of the country.

Still I've always favored CA over the US, but I don't have good arguments, more a feeling... partly based on politics, the way the nations behave in the rest of the world and how their social securities are, stuff like that and a lot more :loco:

Well considering that New York City has a bigger police force than the whole of Canada's military...about 55,000 the last I heard. Which leads me to my next point...Canada depends on the US for its defense. And don't kid yourself that it doesn't.

And with regards to foriegn policy, you can pretty much bet that where ever there's freedom in the world, a US soldier set foot there. I know the Iraq War gets a bad rap in most of the world, but establishing freedom in a country where the majority of the population hasn't seen true freedom in over 30 years or more, old habits die hard. But you give freedom to some people and they abuse it and chaos persues.

But remember one thing...freedom isn't free. Because some elitist asshole always seems to want to take it away from you. And so it must be fought for. In some cases civily, but others in much bloodier ways.

As with Canada, I've always thought of them as our cousin from up north that didn't get the memo that we won the Revolutionary War in 1783. As they still pledge some allegiance to the motherland. :p

Got the album, ltd. edition, yesterday.

First: the cover art looks immature IMO for a band like BS. Wasn´t this 3D thing already out in the 80´s ?

Second: I don´t like the jakebox. Maybe it is because I am not used to it, but I wonder how long it will last.

Third: the music: oh, yes !!! Great ! This album rocks. Very much better than LM and ST. Can certainly compete with MM which is (was ?) IMO so far the best BS album. After listening to it 3 times now, best songs: Falling Spiral Down, Stained with Sin, Protect me from myself, Frozen, Crawling in Chains, Hold Tight. Whereby Frozen is my favorite. End in Sorrow is the only song I don´t like (so far). Overall 9.5/10 points from me.

i got the album yesteday too. so far i think it sounds a bit like a mix between ambiguity and metus mortis. my top 3 (i listened to it 5 times already :headbang: ) on that album are "falling spiral down", "end of sorrow" and "protect me from myself".
a compliment has to get andy. in my opinion he sounds better than ever before on that album! esspecially at the song "end of sorrow".
all in all the album is wicked good! :headbang:

Got the album, ltd. edition, yesterday.

First: the cover art looks immature IMO for a band like BS. Wasn´t this 3D thing already out in the 80´s ?

Second: I don´t like the jakebox. Maybe it is because I am not used to it, but I wonder how long it will last.

Third: the music: oh, yes !!! Great ! This album rocks. Very much better than LM and ST. Can certainly compete with MM which is (was ?) IMO so far the best BS album. After listening to it 3 times now, best songs: Falling Spiral Down, Stained with Sin, Protect me from myself, Frozen, Crawling in Chains, Hold Tight. Whereby Frozen is my favorite. End in Sorrow is the only song I don´t like (so far). Overall 9.5/10 points from me.

Can you show pics of the jakebox edition ?

Lincoln 6 Echo: we better not get into a political debate here (which I don't like anyway). We're moving to the prairie, definitely clear air and space (also in that 100 mile zone ;)) there :) BTW.. we are moving to a (not-so-big) city, Regina, not somewhere in the middle of nowhere, we don't want THAT much space :p

About the jakebox comment: I don't own it yet, but a friend showed it to me last weekend. Seems very solid to me, as long as you open the package properly so the parts holding the cd open up completely and let the cd slide out.. if you'd be pulling it out each time without fully letting it open up (which I doubt you'd be doing), then I can see a problem.
The 3D cover made me seasick :loco: :puke: :lol: - it's no new technique but I don't think I've ever seen it on a cd cover.

yeah, when i am looking a bit longer on the 3d cover then i get a bit dizzy too.
and i also see no problem with that jakebox. it shouldn't brake. when you think it will then just put the cd in a seperat cd case. ;)

i wonder whats the next colour of the next brainstorm album is because the last 3 albums have a different case colours now.
(st = orange, lm = blue, db = red)