16.01.2008 · DOWNBURST RELEASE THIS MONTH

i wonder whats the next colour of the next brainstorm album is because the last 3 albums have a different case colours now.
(st = orange, lm = blue, db = red)

they do? I'm realizing I don't have all the versions yet.. I do of ST, but of LM I think I only have the promo and the digipack, was the jewelcase a blue one? I guess I've never seen it in the shops. DB I've only seen as a jakebox, don't know what Todde is going to send me :lol: But I'm about to move to Canada (hopefully next month) so I better check which versions are missing from my collection, because it'll be harder to get them once I'm over there!

yeah it was blue. but when you are going to buy it now then it will be a normal cd case (i don't know that if it is like this in different countries too but in germany it is like that).
it shouldn't be that hard to get the brainstorm cds over in canada. when you don't get them in a cd shop over there then you will get them at the "us metal blade mailorder".

I should be alble to get the regular jewelcase versions that way, and the Japanese LM I should have to find online somewhere anyway. But I'll keep my eyes open for any special stuff as long as I'm here (I live close to the German border so we usually shop at the Media Markt and Saturn in Aachen ;)). I could check our local store too. Or ask Todde if he still has an extra blue case LM :)

I don't want to say anything against the jakebox because it's a Swedish design ;) .....but I agree that it isn't exactly made to last. I also find the cover art ugly as hell but then again, I hardly ever liked a BS cover. :zzz:

I don't want to say anything against the jakebox because it's a Swedish design ;) .....but I agree that it isn't exactly made to last. I also find the cover art ugly as hell but then again, I hardly ever liked a BS cover. :zzz:

I am Swedish, and I still say the jakebox is crap :Smug:, but the album is a killer. If I gave 9/10 points a week ago, I am meanwhile convinced, it is 10/10, best BS album so far.
I am a bit confused though that nearly all posts about the album so far are about the cover art or the jake box. Hardly anybody comments on the music ... hey, forget the shitty cover, the album really rocks :kickass:

Very very good album...my faves are Stained In Sin, How Do You Feel, Protect Me From Myself, and All Alone. The bonus track Crawling In Chains is interesting...Andy largely does that song in growls :)

I am Swedish,

You are? Tjena! :)
The reason I wasn't saying anything about the music is that I've hardly given the album a listen yet. While I drove to Marlies yesterday it was the first time for me to listen to it in its entirety. And I agree that the album rocks, extremely catchy at times, I can already sing along :lol: And while I think it's a good thing you can clearly identify it as BS, I see the danger that they are going to repeat themselves. #7 was propbably over from the ST session, #8 totally reminds me of an older track that I would need to find out by listening through the back catalogue :rolleyes: But well, that's pretty much all I can say upon first impression...

NP: Redemption In Your Eyes :headbang: (where the hell did the NP funcion go?)

After been listening to the album many times now I have to say that it didn't fulfill my expectations. I'm sorry, but the album isn't even close being as awesome as Ambiguity, Metus Mortis or Soul Temptation. Yeah, I must say i'm a bit disappointed with the album, even if it's better than "Liquid".

Though, "Falling Spiral Down" is for sure among the best songs the B's ever written. Fucking hell the song smokes, easily on a top 10 list of best B-storm songs ever, maybe even a top 5 list?

The album as a whole doesn't hold the same standard. Guess I like that other heavy shit more:loco:

well, maybe the album isn't that good like you expected but it is much better than LM. i think DB is a pretty good album even though it is pretty "medolic" again. for some reasons i can't get really into "how do you feel" and "stained with sin" but the rest of the album is just awesome! it just sounds like brainstorm!
and yeah "falling spiral down" is one of the best songs on this album but i think "prectect me from myself" or "end of sorrow" are better. i am not disappointed from this album because the album just sounds like brainstorm!

Yeah, great album, I first wasn´t that sure what to think, but meanwhile I already got addicted again. Thanks guys! :headbang:

Well, what a contrast to the new Rage release, Carved in stone. Oh lord, I would have never expected that one day I might be that disappointed from a Rage album. A few nice riffs, but nearly every song kills itself with cheesy melodies...shame, shame, shame...:cry: