Brainstorm to support Edguy in April/May in Europe

Fangface

Child of the Damned
Jan 25, 2002
France
www.fangface.com
BRAINSTORM Confirmed For EDGUY's European Tour

German power merchants BRAINSTORM have been confirmed for EDGUY's upcoming European tour as "very special guests."

The dates are as follows:

Apr. 02 - Pilsen, CZR @ KD Serikova
Apr. 03 - Zlin, CZR @ Golem Club
Apr. 04 - Nitra, SK @ PKO
Apr. 06 - Budapest, HUN @ Pitöfi Hall
Apr. 07 - Vienna, AUT @ Planet Music
Apr. 08 - Milano, ITA @ Alcatraz
Apr. 10 - Pratteln, SWI @ Z7
Apr. 11 - Strassbourg, FRA @ La Laiterie
Apr. 12 - Lyon, FRA @ Transbordeur
Apr. 14 - Madrid, SPA @ Aqualing
Apr. 16 - Valencia, SPA @ Republica
Apr. 17 - Barcelona, SPA @ Razzmatazz
Apr. 18 - Bergara, SPA @ Jam
Apr. 20 - Bordeaux, FRA @ Barbey
Apr. 21 - Paris, FRA @ Elysee Montmatre
Apr. 23 - Losheim, GER @ Eisenbahnhalle
Apr. 24 - Kaufbeuren, GER @ Zeppelinhalle
Apr. 25 - Lichtenfels, GER @ Stadthalle
Apr. 27 - Stuttgart, GER @ Longhorn
Apr. 28 - Oberhausen, GER @ Turbinenhalle
Apr. 30 - Langen, GER @ Stadthalle
May 01 - Antwerpen, BEL @ TBA
May 02 - Köln, GER @ Live Music Hall
May 04 - Osnabrück, GER @ Halle Gartlage
May 05 - Hamburg, GER @ Dock's

Aaawh, why quit before the dates in Sweden?!
Don't they know how rude that is!

I bet that they can get another weeks vaccation from their work's and follow the Edguy's to Sweden and Finland.

/JannE

Gaunerin said:
with Edguy? :rolleyes: ...but I'm happy to see they found another tour already. :)
At first I didn't intend to go to Edguy's show when I heard about them touring here in France, even if I like(d) their music... but now this is another story :Spin:

*subliminal-message* !ESAELP GIG RENILDAEH! ESAELP GIG RENILDAEH! *end-of-subliminal-message*

Fangface said:
*subliminal-message* !ESAELP GIG RENILDAEH! ESAELP GIG RENILDAEH! *end-of-subliminal-message*
:lol:

They sure know how to pick the band eh.. everything we don't like in German metal they are touring with :rolleyes: - but Edguy seems to be a fun bunch and as long as they can tour..... no English dates though this time :erk:

I'll probably go to Antwerp and Cologne. :headbang:

Marlies said:
They sure know how to pick the band eh.. everything we don't like in German metal they are touring with :rolleyes:
hehe... sure but... I'm not included in your "we" :p

I still love traditional Metal like Primal Fear or Grave Digger (as long as it's not bontempi-driven or too much happy-happy lalala metal), yet I agree that Brainstorm would fit much more in a package of "modern" killer Power Metal bands like Angel Dust, Tad Morose or Lefay, to take examples at random ;)

And as you said the most important thing remains the opportunity to tour! I'll make it to Lyon :Smokin:

PS : Edguy's Vain Glory Opera was great!
PS 2 : I may have written the same thing in an older thread... guess I'm getting old and bedridden already *g*

Fangface said:
bontempi-driven
:lol: I've never heard it before but that's going to be a classic I believe!!
Edguy would only be half as bad live if that clown that is supposed to be their frontman would concentrate on his job as a singer and not tried to be the funniest fool around.

It does make Edguy a fun live band, or not? Just seen them once...

Fangface, in general the thing most fans love about Brainstorm is that they don't sound like a typical German metal band - so I believe they would reach more fans if they'd tour with some US-style band that would fit their style better.. (or at least it would make the BS fans happier ;))

Marlies said:
It does make Edguy a fun live band, or not? Just seen them once...

If you understand Tobias' jokes, probably ;)
But sometimes it's not an easy task :rolleyes:

Fangface, in general the thing most fans love about Brainstorm is that they don't sound like a typical German metal band - so I believe they would reach more fans if they'd tour with some US-style band that would fit their style better.. (or at least it would make the BS fans happier ;))

Exactly, bring back Metal Church in Europe with BS! :loco:

I certainly do appreciate some funny remarks from a band but Tobi's jokes are way too over the top for my taste. For the same reason I don't like bands like JBO btw.
But let's not get miserable over other bands as long as we get to see BS in full power live :headbang:

Don't frown, u had some cool acts in the States, like Kreator (they did not come here this year) and Nevermore (the tour was a real short one) :yell:
Lacuna Coil, Opeth, Dimmu B., CoB,...... :ill:
I'm gettin' jealous..... :loco:

I have been bashing Edguy a little in this thread (based on the gigs I had seen to this point)..... but while I still don't like them that much and cannot really stand Tobi's vocals most of the time I should say that last night's gig was not as bad as I expected. Hardly a bad joke and if you like the music certainly an entertaining show. Just thought that revising my opinion a little wouldn't hurt ;)
Still we all do know who the real headliners are, don't we? :D

Gaunerin said:
I have been bashing Edguy a little in this thread (based on the gigs I had seen to this point)..... but while I still don't like them that much and cannot really stand Tobi's vocals most of the time I should say that last night's gig was not as bad as I expected. Hardly a bad joke and if you like the music certainly an entertaining show. Just thought that revising my opinion a little wouldn't hurt ;)
Still we all do know who the real headliners are, don't we? :D
Who's that? I don't get it... :saint:

Anyway I agree, this Edguy tour was better than the previous one IMO... and the opening act too :D