Edguy upcoming tour to having biggest stage production to date.

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
German melodic metallers EDGUY have set a January 20, 2006 release date for their new album, "Rocket Ride" (Nuclear Blast). The follow-up to 2004's "Hellfire Club" was recorded with producer Sascha Paeth (who also worked with the band on their "Superheroes" EP) and is said to feature the band's most "diverse" material to date.

EDGUY's most recent release, the "Superheroes" EP, is still on the German chart eight weeks after its release. The CD entered the Media Control single chart at position No. 25, which marks the third-highest single chart entry ever for record label Nuclear Blast. The EP features a special guest appearance by former HELLOWEEN frontman Michael Kiske. "Superheroes: the DVD Edition" contains the brand new video clip, "Superheroes", a couple of songs filmed live in Brazil, plenty of "behind-the-scenes" footage, a slide show, an extensive studio report with interviews and a chance to follow EDGUY backstage.

EDGUY will kick off a European tour in February, featuring "the biggest stage production we have had up to now," according to a posting on the band's web site.

"Rocket Ride World Tour 2006" dates:

Feb. 06 - Pratteln, SWI @ Z7
Feb. 07 - Milan, ITA @ Rolling Stone
Feb. 09 - Madrid, SPA @ Aqualung
Feb. 10 - Porto, POR @ Hard Club
Feb. 11 - Bergara, SPA @ Sala Jam
Feb. 12 - Barcelona, SPA @ Razzmatazz 2
Feb. 14 - Lyon, FRA @ Transbordeur
Feb. 15 - Paris, FRA @ Elysee Mont Martre
Feb. 17 - Stuttgart, GER @ Lka
Feb. 18 - Kaufbeuren, GER @ All-Karthalle
Feb. 20 - Langen, GER @ Stadthalle
Feb. 21 - Köln, GER @ Live Music Hall
Feb. 22 - Oberhausen, GER @ Turbinenhalle
Feb. 24 - Lichtenfels, GER @ Stadthalle
Feb. 25 - Osnabrück, GER @ Halle Gartlage
Feb. 26 - Hamburg, GER @ Markthalle
Feb. 28 - Göteborg, SWE @ Trädgarn
Mar. 01 - Stockholm, SWE @ Arenan
Mar. 02 - Lund, SWE @ Mejeriet
Mar. 04 - Fulda, GER @ Wartenberg-Oval (Angersbach)
Mar. 15 - Osaka, JPN @ Quattro
Mar. 16 - Tokyo, JPN @ Ebisu Liquid Room
Mar. 17 - Tokyo, JPN @ Ebisu Liquid Room
---------

I am really looking forward to the new album. I just love this band and they are sitting comfy in my top 5 bands of all time. I pray they play North America again next summer. My vote goes to Edguy and Children of Bodom for Ozzfest.

The EP features a special guest appearance by former HELLOWEEN frontman Michael Kiske.

what's the point? Sammet sounds almost exactly like Kiske anyway... how are we supposed to tell the difference? :lol:

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
No offense GraveDigger, but Edguy on Ozzfest what kind of crack have you been smoking? It will never happen.

Children of Bodom is a very strong possibility... But Edguy? Seriously now...

Gravedigger, I like where your heart is, but I highly doubt that Sharon would put Edguy on the Ozzfest bill! Keep in mind, that the American Metal audience isn't too talent friendly, with the exception of Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, and Iron Maiden. :)

Well, she can't just 'put' them on ozzfest, they have to agree to pay whatever crazy thousands of dollars bands pay to get on ozzfest.

I know it's a far stretch but I will never say never. One of these days Sharon and all these other douchebags are gonna stop dropping the ball and realize how certain bands do overseas and how succesful they can be if they bring them here.

Ozzfest has picked up a lil bit over the last few years. Having bands like Voivod, Arch Enemy, The Haunted, Trivium, Black Dahlia Murder, Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir and of course the even bigger boys like Judas Priest and Iron Maiden has helped get as back in METAL mode. I think the tides can change even more and we can start seeing bands a lil less extreme but crowd friendly like Edguy start to play because they are fun and can get a crowd going. Also I opt for Into Eternity on the second stage.

TheGraveDigger said:
Ozzfest has picked up a lil bit over the last few years. Having bands like Voivod, Arch Enemy, The Haunted, Trivium, Black Dahlia Murder, Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir and of course the even bigger boys like Judas Priest and Iron Maiden has helped get as back in METAL mode. I think the tides can change even more and we can start seeing bands a lil less extreme but crowd friendly like Edguy start to play because they are fun and can get a crowd going. Also I opt for Into Eternity on the second stage.

I wouldn't go either way, I am not making that sad sack of bones any richer. fuck her and her retarded family.

Actually, Evergrey was slated to tour with Ozzy, right before he got injured a couple of years ago. Therefore, I wouldn't necessarily say that no band with talent can play with Ozzy.

Riceloft said:
Well, she can't just 'put' them on ozzfest, they have to agree to pay whatever crazy thousands of dollars bands pay to get on ozzfest.

Sharon can put a band on the tour if she wants; it's her tour. Those bands, like CoF, did not pay the $75,000 entry fee. But, almost every other band on the second stage, or their label, pays.

--I've had friends who have toured on Ozzfest, and it ain't pretty. In their case, they left the tour halfway through to open for Rammstein, a decision they are even happier with now than they were at the time.