Edguy New Album Title Revealed!

mattbrood

PPUSA Facebook *****
Nov 8, 2008
www.facebook.com
From the official Edguy Facebook page. New album is due in August! :headbang:

The time has come: In September EDGUY, one of Germany‘s biggest internationally acclaimed guitar driven bands in recent music history will set out on the road again in support of their forthcoming album “AGE OF THE JOKER“ (worldwide release in August 2011). What is going to be EDGUY‘s 9th studio effort will also mark the band‘s first ‘real‘ album in almost three years; three years in which the band has toured Europe, Asia, Australia, North-, Central- and South America. And it‘s been the activities in those years that had a determining influence on forthcoming tour plans: After last year‘s chart-breaking collaboration between EDGUY vocalist Tobias Sammet and Klaus Meine of the SCORPIONS in “AVANTASIA“ and EDGUY‘s successful arena tour as the SCORPIONS' special guest, now it‘s time for another ‘family internal‘ constellation to kick ass:

“Kottak“ (the band fronted by legendary SCORPIONS drummer James Kottak) will be supporting EDGUY during the European leg of the tour. More updates coming soon...

Metal Hammer, Rock It & Musix present:

EDGUY - AGE OF THE JOKER EUROPEAN TOUR 2011

Special Guest: Kottak (feat. James Kottak, Scorpions)

Sept 23 - SWE - Malmö, KB

Sept 24 - SWE - Gothenborg, Trädgarn

Sept 25 - SWE - Stockholm, Tyrol

Sept 27 - GER - Hamburg, Docks

Sept 28 - GER - Berlin, Columbia Club

Sept 30 - GER - Essen, Grugahalle

Oct 01 - GER - Fulda, Wartenberg Oval

Oct 02 - GER - Bamberg, Arena

Oct 04 - GER - Filderstadt, Filharmonie

Oct 06 - CZE - Prague, KD Vitavska

Oct 07 - GER - Langen, Stadthalle

Oct 10 - ITA - Milan, Alcatraz

Oct 11 - SUI - Pratteln, Z7

Oct 12 - FRA - Lyon, Transbordeur

Oct 14 - ESP - Madrid, Heineken

Oct 15 - ESP - Barcelona, Apollo

Oct 16 - ESP - Bilbao, Rock Star

Oct 18 - GER - Saarbrücken, Garage

Oct 19 - FRA - Paris, Bataclan

Oct 21 - GER - Memmingen, Kaminwerk

Oct 22 - GER - Straubing, Messehalle

Oct 23 - CZE - Zlin, Rock Cafe

Tickets for the German shows at www.metaltix.de

More at:

http://www.edguy.net/

I love the Scorpions and all, but Tobias seriously needs to stop trying to be them and go back to what he does best -- power metal. I'm very skeptical with the next album considering how much I hate the last one.

The last disc was great....a way big step above Rocket Ride. I do agree though....they need to get back to thier power metal roots.

Sometimes I wonder about you. While I'm not a big fan of their hard rock style opposed to their metal, I found Rocket Ride to be quite enjoyable as it still had some authentic sounding Edguy songs. Tinnitus just was too basic and completely forgettable.

Rocket Ride was great. Tinnitus was a letdown. I think Tobias is aiming his sights at the US rock market, which is why his music is becoming more hard rock. Big mistake.

Edguy are one of the few bands that I approach fanboy status for - no matter how much I may have not liked elements of Rocket Ride and Tinnitus Sanctus, there are still songs I love, and I remain somewhat hopeful for a new album. I'm not necessarily pulling for a "return to form", because the new Avantasia albums were great, I'm just looking for great albums, whatever the style, where I feel like the band gave their all.

Rocket Ride was great. Tinnitus was a letdown. I think Tobias is aiming his sights at the US rock market, which is why his music is becoming more hard rock. Big mistake.

Exactly. It's been very obvious the last number of years that he's trying to be Scorpions, but some musicians just need to do what they're best at -- and basic hard rock isn't it for him.

The last disc was great....a way big step above Rocket Ride. I do agree though....they need to get back to thier power metal roots.

I didn't really like Rocket Ride at all. I LOVE Tinnitus Sanctus. Its my second favorite Edguy album behind Hellfire Club.

I'm very excited for the next album.

I've heard the band. They were pretty decent. His wife, Athena plays the drums rather admirably. He plays lead guitar for the band.

My point was the use of the word "legendary"
THIS is the legendary Scorps drummer:
scorp.jpg