Brave Murder Day/For Funerals To Come (remastered?)

Hm, the sound level isn't "extremely" low I don't think. I only have to turn it up 1 or 2 notches for it be as loud as most other releases (including Opeth, etc). I personally like the production, it gives the music a very claustrophobic feeling, other bands have actually tried to imitate the production..

I doubt they will be re-mastered for some reason... maybe I'll be wrong. But I think re-released re-mastered CDs are rip offs anyways. I love Opeth, but those re-released "re-mastered" CDs (quality wise) sound identical to the originals. It's pretty obvious absolutely no "remastering" had occurred. I've seen that happen with numerous bands too. OH well. Maybe I'll be wrong
:loco:

The sound of Brave Murder Day couldn't have fit better the music.
I like this sound, the drums partcularly. God, just listen to the end of Rainroom. This sound gives such an emotional impact to the whole album...
No way to be criticized:(

I don't see it as a waste of money. I like things with good sound. And if you mean it's a waste of money for them to do that, it really isn't. Just when all the current pressed copies are out, start with the new ones to take their place. If people are happy with their current low-audio-level copies, then fine. People who have yet to buy it will get a copy with better audio and those who want to re-purchase it can. It's that simple. All they need to do is bring up the audio level and it's fine. That's what they did with "Murder" on the Century Media sampler, and it's great. When I said "remaster", I didn't mean it in the way the Opeth CDs were REISSUED. I don't mean reissue it and sell it for $20 a pop. I mean, just up the audio level and sell it at normal price. Whatever, I didn't expect to be ridiculed for wanting a copy with higher audio quality. Carry on.

You weren't ridiculed, so relax. You are the first person I've ever even seen complain so specifically about the 'audio-level'. I just stated that I personally didn't think it was so low - I only have to up my stereo a notch or two and it's right on target (sound level wise) with other releases. Just an observation and comment.

It's funny how everyone refers to the idea of this as a remaster, when in fact Blakkheim has stated on this very message board that BMD was never actually mastered in the first place...which is why it's so quiet. He also mentioned that mastering it has been discussed and is a possibility, but seems like it would be on the back burner considering the approach of the new album. I would love to hear BMD remastered...here's to hoping that it sees the light of day.

I think the sound of BMD and FFTC is so classic that it should forever stay the same.....like Jesse said...other bands have tried to recreate the sound.....it could be remastered....but that is overboard......when FFTC and BMD came out it was as well recorded as many other underground bands.......and I like it the way it is.....of course I have a premium sound system....so I rarely have any troubles with sound that I cant fix with a few tweaks....it just seems like it would lose something if it was tampered with....