"Brave Yesterdays" news

Clayman77

Katatoned
Jan 20, 2002
Atlanta, Georgia
Visit site
I just visited Avantgarde Music's homepage and there was some new info about "Brave Yesterdays"

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"In respect of their just released album "Viva emptyness", we have decided to postpone KATATONIA's best-of "Brave yesterdays". It would have been pretty much stupid and suicidal in the yet over-saturated market to release simultaneously a best-of together with a new album. This doesn't mean that the enthusiasm on the projekt has turned down: in the contrary, time will now be used to get rid of much more material from the past of the band. Blakkheim is much determined in making this collection even more meaningful and "definitive", although we are obviously talking about a "first years best of", as KATATONIA's life and career seems to be still pretty much solid and longlasting !
The guys are digging up old boxes with plenty of pictures and rare stuffs that will give the album (that now more likely looks to become a DOUBLE-CD) much more emphasis and importance for the fans.
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]After his Katatonia's duties will be over (in terms of touring on "Viva emptyness") Blakkheim will concentrate around this fall on a new DIABOLICAL MASQUERADE album, to be released by AVANTGARDE MUSIC at the beginning of 2004."[/font]

:hotjump:

:hotjump:
headbob.gif
spin.gif

Oh shit, another KATATONIA fan from New York!

Anyways, I am glad to here about the new Diabolical Masquerade album! (I still need "The Phantom Lodge" on CD though!)

The best-of KATATONIA I'm not so sure though. I don't feel I should get it because I already have all their albums. All those pictures and extras does sound good though!

This is exciting news indeed. A double c.d of stuff I don't have with what sounds like really great artwork...

This will be great for tying up loose ends in the collection.

Mellon said:
wow. Actually I have everything by katatonia apart "sound of decay" and "saw you drown" so........I will be happy for the rare material.!

I don't have Saw You Drown either... :erk:

I feel sorry for you, not knowing the songs of Sounds Of Decay. :)
"At last" rules!!!!

I have all of Katatonia less the split LP with primordial.
Sounds of Decay are really great cd.
It's like a bonus tracks following Brave Murder Day. Saw you drown it's quite different than the 2 others, and quite good too! Previous than Discouraged Ones, in the same way(there are the songs from Discouraged, Nerve and Saw you drown, and 2 more songs).