The Old Katatonia

Nov 5, 2006
Hi,

Was wondering how much do you guys like the old katatinia albums. Do you guys prefer the new style or the old one, Albums such as Brave murder day and Sounds of Decay in my opinion are katatonia's best work. What do you guys think about the new style of their music.

I prefere the newer stuff. The old stuff is definately very good, but I dont think it has such a unique sound as some of the newer songs. There is a lot of black metal out there, and while the newer stuff may be far more mainstream, i think few bands capture feelings of hopelessness, emptyness and depression as well as katatonia. I think Jonas' vocals are a key part of this. Let me know if you can find any singers sing in the same way.

Flame away oldskool black metallers!

I think their first is pretty boring and doesn't have much to do with what came after. BMD is okey, but i don't listen to it much.

From DO it just became better and better... So TGCD is the favourite.

I think their first is pretty boring and doesn't have much to do with what came after. BMD is okey, but i don't listen to it much.

From DO it just became better and better... So TGCD is the favourite.

Agreed with everything except TGCD isn't up to par with the prior 3 releases IMO.

brave murder day is amazing. everything they did with mike is genius.
but i like all their albums

DODS is a fuckin classic. no one will ever think about doing an album like this.
try getting stoned and listen to it, it will haunt you!

but then again, if you ask me, anything done by katatonia kicks major ass!