Who likes old Katatonia more than new?

shivering corpse

Ty Cobbb
Sep 20, 2002
smileville
www.geocities.com
I love every Katatonia album.
But I must admit I think Dance of December Souls and Brave Murder Day are the ones I enjoy most.
Brave Murder Day is definitely my favorite Katatonia album.
Don't get me wrong though, I love all the music they've made. I don't believe they have one bad song.

I was just wondering how many of you enjoy the older style just a little more.

If you'd asked me a couple of weeks ago I would've said I like the new stuff better since its more mature...but one night I listened to brave murder day and discouraged ones for the first time in a while, and my immediate response was "what was i thinking? these albums are fucking awesome!" so I guess i'd say i like old more than new, and the albums have been permanantly on my mini disc player for the past 4 days...just like old times :)

I absolutely detest discouraged ones the whole fucking album sounds horrible.

Brave murder day is great if a little samey,

tonights decision and viva emptiness are great. I like it all really, except discouraged ones. *shudder*

i feel the same about DO. dont get me wrong. the songs are in general good but they sound too much the same compared too eachother.

on topic now: i listened to BMD twice today. and its a fucking great album! So evil sounding grunts :devil: (after all it isnt evil so) The best album along with last fair deal. so there you go: i cant really choose. oh i dont care about dance of december souls....

I love all about Katatonia, but I always say Dance of December Souls and Brave Murder Day are my favourites. And Velvet Thorns is a song I love very much.
And now I mention it, I'm gonna listen to it..

I am just now getting into them, and I like their later stuff, actually. Their earlier music is awesome, but I like the newer shit. Although, I haven't heard Discouraged Ones.... not sure when that came out.

Discouraged Ones came out in 1998.

I like all of their music, period. There is not one Katatonia song that I do not like.

I got into Katatonia with their newer stuff (LFDGD, TD and DO). But i went back through their musical history (FFTC, BMD, SoD) and also like them very much. I couldn't say now, what of Katatonia's musical period was/is better, because it depends on my mood, what i prefer and this changes from time to time. All in all, EVERYTHING what Katatonia have done, is AWESOME!

are you guys considering DO as new or old :confused:

and yes, its a pain in the ass. you lot are just brainwashed by it. i know thousands better albums

Neurotomania said:
bah discouraged ones is painful
yes, that's the point :D
I love that album, listening to it is suffering, especially when you can relate to the lyrics, heh

I mostly apreciate older albums from bands the most, but in katatonia's case, I think they found their best sound only from Discouraged Ones on. Brave Murder Day is a great album, but it doesn't move me that much, I think I prefer the Mcd Sounds Of Decay above BMD, if you consider the same sound.
Dance of December Souls is totally different again, without god and tomb of insomnia are great songs, but it's not what Katatonia are best at, a band should always do what they're best at, and it doesn't matter what style it is.

Tonight's Decision got me into Katatonia, so I like the new stuff better. DoDS and BMD are good albums too. DO are their definite weakest, but not bad.

I like Brave Murder Day the best. Then I bought Discouraged Ones and was very disappointed. D.O. isn't a bad album, but I was looking for the harder sound when I bought it. I rarely listen to D.O. as opposed to B.M.D.