Old Katatonia or new Katatonia?

I think there is different fans for BMD. And once I understood how much of an influence the Shoegaze genre was on Anders and Jonas then I could enjoy BMD so much more. I think the production on the first product is fine. It's there...it's history. I, myself would have rather heard Jonas' vocals on the whole thing...but what's done is done...and I'm glad what we have now to listen to and what tomorrow brings.

definately new

not that i have anything against the older style, i just think its because i got into katatonia through viva emptiness so since its the reason i was drawn to them thats why i like the newer style

its interesting, i used to hate doom metal
i could never understand why people liked it, it just seemed so boring dull and repetetive
i got into katatonia through VE
and over time
DoDS is like one of my favorite albums... go figure..

It's official...if you hate or despise DODS...you love Linkin Park, shop at Abercrombie and Fitch, smoke ultra slim lights, and swim in nasty sewage.

It's official...if you hate or despise DODS...you love Linkin Park, shop at Abercrombie and Fitch, smoke ultra slim lights, and swim in nasty sewage.

Bullshit=) I don't like dods and i don't like Linkin Pork=)
I love BMD with Akerfeldt, he is great there, Katatonia are genuine, they made great decision!!
And Viva Emptiness is a masterpiece... it just crashes my head ... When they played concert in St.Petersburg, i was blown away with might of VE tracks, ecpecially "evidence". Some kind of gently streams of magic were flowing from the scene, i looked at Katatonia and thought "people came from foreign country, brought their music, brought it's magic, opened their souls to us...."