Who likes old Katatonia more than new?

Try polish vodka. Everything's gonna be alright, I promise.

VE and Jiva.. are my tranquillizers at the moment. I like all Katatonia albs and which is played depends on the weather.

I'll rank all the Katatonia I own from greatest to not as great.

#1 Brave Murder Day
#2 Sounds of Decay
#3 Discouraged Ones
#4 Tonight's Decision
#5 Dance of December Souls
#6 For Funerals to Come
#7 Last Fair Deal Gone Down
#8 Viva Emptiness

So, there you go! I guess I prefer old Katatonia a lot more than newer Katatonia, but only because Viva Emptiness and Last Fair Deal Gone Down are way too optimistic and accessable for my liking. Still good, but not amazing. I love the sorrow and anguish that just leaks from older Katatonia. Simply beautiful!

I am partial to the older doomy albums but VIVA if they stay on that trail will be better. With that cd they produce this atmosphere and musical work that is simlar to the work of TOOL. Although not alike Katatonia has came closer than any other band to sounding or creating music to that level. Discard the lyrics though they dont even compair, No one can beat out Manyard with metaphors. All in all every Katatonia cd is great except for Discouraged Ones it's horrid almost as bad as alot of the things PARADISE LOST did ( not all PARADISE LOST is bad though, just most of it or all that is not doomy)

Discouraged Ones is great, I can't figure why so many of you are dissapointed with it. It's got a good sad sound, Brave Murder day isn't as emotional I think but it's heavier so I like it about the same. Tonight's Decision is my favourite and I'm dissapointed by the new one because that's going little bit too indie I reckon.

Soul Conspiracy said:
Discouraged Ones is great, I can't figure why so many of you are dissapointed with it. It's got a good sad sound, Brave Murder day isn't as emotional I think but it's heavier so I like it about the same. Tonight's Decision is my favourite and I'm dissapointed by the new one because that's going little bit too indie I reckon.

If they were going indie sounding man they would have that punkish vibe try more like the alternative/tool style man.

I have no idea why everyones so disappointed in DO...its fucking awesome! It has so much atmosphere. Is it just because it's not as heavy as some of their other stuff? I do not understand :erk:

I would rank them in the following way:

1. Brave Murder Day
2. Viva Emptiness
3. Dance Of December Souls, Discouraged Ones
4. For Funerals To Come, Sounds Of Decay
5. Tonight's Decision
6. Saw You Drown
7. Last Fair Deal Gone Down

Sometimes, in different moods the ranking changes a bit, but #Brave...' and 'Viva...' are always on top

Yes, Brave on the top, then Sounds of Decay, For funerals, Dance, Viva, Last Fair, Tonigths Decision..... some days change this order but not in Brave=The best work 'till now!.